What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

One of my football players came into our office a few years ago. HS kid, got hammered, walked into IHOP with a buddy, and proceeded to vomit all over the floor and get arrested for D and D. This kid was 300+ pounds, and I need to give our staff credit, because we read him the riot act and were completely stone faced the entire time he told that story, and his punishment was swift and harsh.

That said, 30 seconds after he walked out of the office, our staff all started smirking, shaking our heads, and one of the older coaches on staff (not a teacher in the district) promptly said "What is wrong with kids today?!?! I mean, when I was 16, we got drunk and vomited out of the window of my buddy's attic. We didn't get drunk and go to IHOP."

Now if it had been Waffle House...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

Was trying to stay around 500-700 just because I’m only going to be using it for basic internet stuff,  having an iPhone obviously my first thought was a MacBook, i saw an Air online for $799.  

Acer Aspire 5 sits around $550.

Lenovo Flex 14 is a 2-1 laptop with touch screen if you're into that kind of thing, and sits around $450-500

Dell Inspiron 13 7000 sits around $700ish, again another 2-1.

If you've got a little over 10 minutes I recommend this video

Goes over in good detail as to why at the $700 price point the Dell Inspiron is vastly superior in almost every way.

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Lenovo Flex 14 is a 2-1 laptop with touch screen if you're into that kind of thing, and sits around $450-500

Goes over in good detail as to why at the $700 price point the Dell Inspiron is vastly superior in almost every way.

Yeah, don't buy the Air. Either go all out for the MB Pro or buy something else. 

Just now, D82 said:

Yeah, don't buy the Air. Either go all out for the MB Pro or buy something else. 

The newest air fixes a ton of faults the old air had if I'm not mistaken. But again you'd need to be shelving out around $1500 just to get decent specs on the thing. Which doesn't seem like a price bigbadbuff wants to pay(understandably)

1 minute ago, Glen said:

The newest air fixes a ton of faults the old air had if I'm not mistaken. But again you'd need to be shelving out around $1500 just to get decent specs on the thing. Which doesn't seem like a price bigbadbuff wants to pay(understandably)

My Air died on me after 2 1/2 years. Waiting to have the extra cash around to splurge on a new MB Pro. 

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

You aren’t the first to say no to the air. Quick look on Best Buy’s website the Lenovo Flex is $799

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

You aren’t the first to say no to the air. Quick look on Best Buy’s website the Lenovo Flex is $799

https://www.newegg.com/black-lenovo-flex-81sq000d-creating-designing/p/1TS-000E-0J1X7?Description=Lenovo Flex 14&cm_re=Lenovo_Flex_14-_-9SIAE4NB7Z0634-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000E-0F391?Description=Lenovo Flex 14&cm_re=Lenovo_Flex_14-_-9SIA8X5ACM6578-_-Product

a $575 model with a dated i3 but will do well for just internet. And a similar price point to the macbook air at $750 with an i5 and overall better specs in general.