What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

11 hours ago, N4L said:

I love tea, Ive had matcha both times and went into it wanting to like it, but both times I have been disgusted lol. Interesting what you are saying about the carotene with no caffeine, maybe its worth another shot

I will also say that I have read that combining milk with tea greatly depreciates the way your body adsorbs antioxidants, making them extremely less effective. I think matcha is mostly made with milk so that is definitely something  to look into 

Green tea is a strong antiviral as well, which is obviously helpful during the middle of a plague

yeah milk does neutralize it a bit but it really does add a lot to the drink (though i am known to enjoy a matcha by itself without milk too, especially at the place in the city [MatchaYa]); but ultimately when you put a little bit of milk in and don't overdo it, even if there is a slight pullback on the antioxidant absorption, believe me with how much matcha i drink i'm not missing outxD

i get it's not everyone's taste too but it's my absolute favourite drink and i have it whenever i can when i'm out; it's definitely not to everyone's taste though especially given i like it better stronger and more ceremonial grade

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

do you buy K-cups or powder? 

If I tried it, I would probably do k-cups for ease, but I am not sure if that defeats the purpose. 

i get the powder from here zengreentea.com.au which is an australian site obviously but i get 180 serves for about sixty bucks which seems like a lot but is worth it when you factor in the health benefits and the happiness that it brings! and when they ship it to you they ship it with a big gaudy board of ways you can use it. the way to get your matcha tea fix is the hot tea, you put about a half teaspoon in to a dash of hot water, stir and then continue stirring as you fill the cup up, and continue to stir if you add a touch of milk too

i need to get the whisk and scoop set which is how you properly properly are meant to prepare it ceremonial style, don't know if it adds more benefit or helps it dissolve better and as such boosts antioxidants and carotene and all the vitamins and minerals in the matcha but you'd imagine so

• Like 1

I hadn't read the original post and saw "milk does neutralize it a little bit" and thought we we're giving out pointers for people who want to go to the protests on how to handle the tear gas 😂

Edited by rob_shadows

17 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I hadn't read the original post and saw "milk does neutralize it a little bit" and thought we we're giving out pointers for people who want to go to the protests on how to handle the tear gas 😂

it certainly works if you are cooking with hot peppers and forget to wash your hands after you use the bathroom

Edited by Malfatron

29 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It does though. Pro tip