What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That was 2019 webby though.

I actually managed to escape 2019 without being banned. The last time Webby hit me with the banhammer was like 2017. @Webmaster didnt find me insulting his sense of humor funny. I believe he told me that "is this what you consider a joke"

Looking back at it, it was not suggested. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

@seminoles1, @vikesfan89, @Shady Slim - be honest, did you read her full blog/article and that is your honest opinion, or are you just browsing twitter?

I read the whole thing. I think she did a lot of damage that will be hard to recover from for sure.

She won't be fully cancelled; I was exaggerating for affect. However, she has certainly pissed off a lot of people, and people who are associated with her wizarding world. She's definitely hurt her image, though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I read the whole thing. I think she did a lot of damage that will be hard to recover from for sure.

She won't be fully cancelled; I was exaggerating for affect. However, she has certainly pissed off a lot of people, and people who are associated with her wizarding world. She's definitely hurt her image, though.

To the degree her image can be hurt.  She'll piss people off, but she's a billionaire with a moneymaking juggernaut in HP.  Ain't nothing anyone can do to cancel her.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

To the degree her image can be hurt.  She'll piss people off, but she's a billionaire with a moneymaking juggernaut in HP.  Ain't nothing anyone can do to cancel her.

That's not gonna stop me from trying to kill the Fantastic Beasts movies dead. The Harry Potter movies were bad enough...

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's not gonna stop me from trying to kill the Fantastic Beasts movies dead. The Harry Potter movies were bad enough...

Yeah.  I was never a fan of HP.  Wife made me watch all the movies though.  Some are OK.

They just all (almost all, at least) end with a deus ex machina, and everyone tells Harry how great he is when Hermione does everything.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  I was never a fan of HP.  Wife made me watch all the movies though.  Some are OK.

They just all (almost all, at least) end with a deus ex machina, and everyone tells Harry how great he is when Hermione does everything.

I'd argue the books are actually acceptable if you like closed island whodunnits, but the movies tried to make them a standard action adventure family thing so all of the charm (pun absolutely intended) felt off because the genre changed. Also, you're totally right that Harry is put into and then miraculously saved from impossible tasks all the time despite never knowing what the hell is going on. Usually the best part of the books is the reveal.

• Like 1