What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd argue the books are actually acceptable if you like closed island whodunnits, but the movies tried to make them a standard action adventure family thing so all of the charm (pun absolutely intended) felt off because the genre changed. Also, you're totally right that Harry is put into and then miraculously saved from impossible tasks all the time despite never knowing what the hell is going on. Usually the best part of the books is the reveal.

Ive had 3 different people tell me that the HP books are a must read. I followed that up by never reading them. One day I will get around to it.

The sad part is that I actually own the books. I bought them for my daughter. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd argue the books are actually acceptable if you like closed island whodunnits, but the movies tried to make them a standard action adventure family thing so all of the charm (pun absolutely intended) felt off because the genre changed. Also, you're totally right that Harry is put into and then miraculously saved from impossible tasks all the time despite never knowing what the hell is going on. Usually the best part of the books is the reveal.

On the other hand, he's just a kid and doesn't magically become all powerful and all knowing

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive had 3 different people tell me that the HP books are a must read. I followed that up by never reading them. One day I will get around to it.

The sad part is that I actually own the books. I bought them for my daughter. 

I read through them all again this winter, after not having read them for quite a while.  I enjoyed them, but it isn't what I remember them to be.  

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

@seminoles1, @vikesfan89, @Shady Slim - be honest, did you read her full blog/article and that is your honest opinion, or are you just browsing twitter?

yeah i’ve had a look through the blog post, absolutely full of transphobic dogwhistles that have been deployed ad nauseum to try and erase trans people’s identity and their sense of self tbh

my generation as well, and generations that come below mine, given having a gender identity that falls outside the scope of “born male” and “born female” is becoming a lot more accepted, i imagine that it would be crushing for trans women who read the books and loved her as a child to read all this stuff

edit;

and that’s all i can say i think without getting too political and breaching one of the forum rules

Edited by Shady Slim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going to need you to be much more enthusiastic in your adoration for me

Been a long day. Buy me a couple beers and I’ll get a bit more upbeat.

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

They aren't actually trying to get rid of paw patrol are they?

All Chase does is shoot his net to catch people that're falling and deploy his drone.

Marshall is really the hero with his water cannons.