What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And yet those good cops are way more outraged at people calling them names than all the police brutality at the anti-police brutality protests.

Police will always have bad apples. Just like military. There is a certain level of crazy that it takes to put your life on the line daily. 

But thats also the same gusta that makes the majority heros. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Police will always have bad apples. Just like military. There is a certain level of crazy that it takes to put your life on the line daily. 

But thats also the same gusta that makes the majority heros. 

And I believe the phrase is "One bad apple spoils nothing else all the other apples are fine."

Police work isn't that dangerous.  It's far more dangerous to be a garbage man.  And I'm not saying they're all bad, but the vast majority, in my experience, seem to at least be willing to commit perjury on the reg.  Which is kind of a felony, so.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And I believe the phrase is "One bad apple spoils nothing else all the other apples are fine."

Police work isn't that dangerous.  It's far more dangerous to be a garbage man.  And I'm not saying they're all bad, but the vast majority, in my experience, seem to at least be willing to commit perjury on the reg.  Which is kind of a felony, so.

Okay - - How many garbage men get punched in the face? The reason police officers have a lower fatality rate is they have guns and are trained to defend themselves. 

Im not advocating killing people. But self defense is real. 

Again, not advocating murder. The George Floyd situation is an atrocity. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Okay - - How many garbage men get punched in the face? The reason police officers have a lower fatality rate is they have guns and are trained to defend themselves. 

Im not advocating killing people. But self defense is real. 

Again, not advocating murder. The George Floyd situation is an atrocity. 

So, then you and all the good apples should have no problem with ending qualified immunity and setting up separate DA divisions to prosecute IA cases?  And no problem with charging police officers who assault unarmed protesters?  Or charging cops with destruction of evidence when they turn off their body cams?

You're for all of that, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

So, then you and all the good apples should have no problem with ending qualified immunity and setting up separate DA divisions to prosecute IA cases?  And no problem with charging police officers who assault unarmed protesters?  Or charging cops with destruction of evidence when they turn off their body cams?

You're for all of that, right?

Absolutely. I think cops should be held to a higher standard than regular joes. All good cops should feel the same.

Absolutely. I think cops should be held to a higher standard than regular joes. All good cops should feel the same.

Huh.  That's strange.  It seems that all the police unions are actively fighting against those reforms.  Huh?

Why would the unions go to bat for police who commit assaults and murders in court?  It's almost like they're protecting those very few bad apples and opposing reforms that would only harm said bad apples.

Boy, gosh.  Isn't that strange?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

All good cops should feel the same.

Where are they? 

I’ve been told they outnumber the bad cops like 10 or 20 to 1 easily... but I’ve yet to see them take a stand.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Huh.  That's strange.  It seems that all the police unions are actively fighting against those reforms.  Huh?

Why would the unions go to bat for police who commit assaults and murders in court?  It's almost like they're protecting those very few bad apples and opposing reforms that would only harm said bad apples.

Boy, gosh.  Isn't that strange?

You are smart enough to realize these issues arent black and white.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Where are they? 

I’ve been told they outnumber the bad cops like 10 or 20 to 1 easily... but I’ve yet to see them take a stand.

You cant be serious. There have been many cops who have taken a stand. 

You are smart enough to realize these issues arent black and white.

So, you would still agree that if certain police are opposed to those policies--ones you agreed are good ideas--then they're not good cops, right?

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant be serious. There have been many cops who have taken a stand. 

I’m going to go out an on limb and guess that what you mean when you say “many” or “taking a stand” aren’t the same as what I’m talking about 

Sources though? 

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

And yet those good cops are way more outraged at people calling them names than all the police brutality at the anti-police brutality protests.

That’s moronic and an outright lie.

Sincerely,

The brother of a cop.