What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I have not. I got dragged to the original.

Actually liked the twist where the bad guy was manipulating the non-magic princess. Basically made fun of 100 years of Disney movies. Girlfriend did not like that I laughed at that part.

Oh, absolutely. The message on a lot of these new Disney movies is absolutely great. I mean, Beauty and the Beast is essentially a walking poster for Stockholm Syndrome, the Little Mermaid shows that it's totally ok to welch on a bet and have your boyfriend who only loves you for "your looks, your pretty face, and don't underestimate the importance of body language" (exact quote) kill your bookie, Cinderella which is a "fall in love in 3 hours and I don't even know what she looks like without makeup and a pretty dress" story, etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh, absolutely. The message on a lot of these new Disney movies is absolutely great. I mean, Beauty and the Beast is essentially a walking poster for Stockholm Syndrome, the Little Mermaid shows that it's totally ok to welch on a bet and have your boyfriend who only loves you for "your looks, your pretty face, and don't underestimate the importance of body language" (exact quote) kill your bookie, Cinderella which is a "fall in love in 3 hours and I don't even know what she looks like without makeup and a pretty dress" story, etc.

I actually don't know if I've ever seen any of these. I know we saw the Lion King when i was little, but my parents were the "we aren't ever going to Disney World" type people so I don't think we had much of the mouse growing up. All I can remember actually seeing are the Lion King and 101 Dalmatians.

Speaking of good lessons, isn't the lesson of 101 Dalmatians basically that breeders are cruel? Pretty woke Mr. Mouse iyam.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I actually don't know if I've ever seen any of these. I know we saw the Lion King when i was little, but my parents were the "we aren't ever going to Disney World" type people so I don't think we had much of the mouse growing up. All I can remember actually seeing are the Lion King and 101 Dalmatians.

I'll say this:

Lion King is 100% Hamlet with a happy ending where everyone doesn't die at the end.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Speaking of good lessons, isn't the lesson of 101 Dalmatians basically that breeders are cruel? Pretty woke Mr. Mouse iyam.

Yep! But you'd expect Europe/the Brits to be decades ahead there, so...

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'll say this:

Lion King is 100% Hamlet with a happy ending where everyone doesn't die at the end.

Yep.

Except they also stole the Hamlet with lions thing from someone else too. Protagonist was named Kimba in that one. Coincidence there, probably.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yep.

Except they also stole the Hamlet with lions thing from someone else too. Protagonist was named Kimba in that one. Coincidence there, probably.

TL:DR - Dude actually watched all 60+ hours of Kimba content, and concluded the LK stole from Kimba is blatant internet fabrication built for clicks. Its evident NONE of the commentators on this controversy actually watched or read any Kimba anime/manga, and built their opinions off clip montages. 

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

TL:DR - Dude actually watched all 60+ hours of Kimba content, and concluded the LK stole from Kimba is blatant internet fabrication built for clicks. Its evident NONE of the commentators on this controversy actually watched or read any Kimba anime/manga, and built their opinions off clip montages. 

Well damn.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well damn.

Yeah my dude. I also used to be a "Kimba truther". Its kinda gross to think how easy it is to fabricate something, and how curators of information will willingly pass along stuff without actually doing the research themselves. And then how easily that gets pass along word of mouth.

BTW ; the backstory of this video is hilarious. YMS guy was making a Lion King 2019 review, learned of this controversy. Began researching it to add as a footnote in his review. Realized it was bigger than a footnote, decided to try and build a additional short video expanding the the controversies. Months later, he dropped this 2 and a half hour monster. 

For you credit card experts here, I had something happen today that's never happened before.  First, I have a credit card that I accidentally paid twice (quite a bit more than I needed) but as that has happened before, I know you either spend money until you get back to zero balance, or if enough time elapses, they will send you a check with the money they owe you.  

So today on that card, I paid a couple bills to my landscaper and to get gas.  When I came back through a few hours later to get groceries, that card, as well as two others with different companies, were all declined.  

I logged into Experian at home, and found out that my card with the credit had it's balance (as well as the credit usage) decrease to zero- guessing they finally cut that check.  I am assuming that alert triggered something to put a hold onto my accounts for a brief time.  I have logged into all of my accounts and made sure to check emails and voicemails for fraud alerts, and all is good.  

Or is there something else I need to worry about? 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Or is there something else I need to worry about? 

gas stations are notorious for having fake card readers and the crooks use it to get your info. Look and see if you have any charges for .01 penny
They use that as a test to see if its a working card and then sell the info to bad people. Credit card companies are aware of this scam, so if they detect unusual activity after pumping gas, they'll sometimes shut everything down. I'd make a phone call and see what you can learn from speaking to a human being at one of the credit card companies

• Like 2

Just now, Shanedorf said:

gas stations are notorious for having fake card readers and the crooks use it to get your info. Look and see if you have any charges for .01 penny
They use that as a test to see if its a working card and then sell the info to bad people. Credit card companies are aware of this scam, so if they detect unusual activity after pumping gas, they'll sometimes shut everything down. I'd make a phone call and see what you can learn from speaking to a human being at one of the credit card companies

I check for skimmers every time I use a verifone or at a gas station.  But good thought, I could've missed it.  I'm still not seeing that .01 charge on it yet.  I also don't think that a bad charge on one card, would affect my other ones, as that hasn't happened to me before.