What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Only thing I could of, is there any way to have the mouse just connected to the station, so when you connect whatever laptop, the mouse automatics connects to that computer. 

This might be another way...

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/unifying-receiver-usb

you might have to potentially buy a new mouse and keyboard or look into the device you already have. My idea would be to buy from a certain Logitech line of mouses/keyboards and than buy multi usb unifying receivers. Buy one for each computer. So for 3 laptops buy 3 of these. From reading it, it sounds like you have to pretty a button and than it connects to the device that is closes I believe. 

TY, I saw that unifying receiver thing too, on first glance it didn't seem like it would work.  Kind of seemed to work backwards, can send multiple devices through it. MAybe I'll dig deeper into that possibility.

2 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

TY, I saw that unifying receiver thing too, on first glance it didn't seem like it would work.  Kind of seemed to work backwards, can send multiple devices through it. MAybe I'll dig deeper into that possibility.

How is your work station set up? what do you do to hook everything up. Like is there a home base type thing, that you just dock your computer in and then everything is ready to be used? just from thinking of your station like that, couldnt you plug in a usb into that station and then whatever gets docked, has access to the mouse. I use to work at a place that everyone had these Dell computer tablets. Wireless mouse and keyboard were plugged into the dock, whatever tablet was docked and you wanted to use like a computer, it registered with the wireless mouse.

You might have to upgrade you dock for your work station or there has to be an adaptor you could find

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How is your work station set up? what do you do to hook everything up. Like is there a home base type thing, that you just dock your computer in and then everything is ready to be used? just from thinking of your station like that, couldnt you plug in a usb into that station and then whatever gets docked, has access to the mouse. I use to work at a place that everyone had these Dell computer tablets. Wireless mouse and keyboard were plugged into the dock, whatever tablet was docked and you wanted to use like a computer, it registered with the wireless mouse.

You might have to upgrade you dock for your work station or there has to be an adaptor you could find

Could maybe look at a docking station or thunderbolt type thingy.   Just got a big 32" monitor with the HDMI cord handy so we can plug in the computer.  We always use the laptop keyboards so we don't really have a set keyboard on the desk.  So the monitor doesn't really have a home desktop or anything. Would just be nice to pop in the HDMI cord, grab the mouse and flip a dial to like channel 1, 2 or 3, and just start working.   Also, we have a Dell, HP and Lenovo, so thinking a docking station might be more of a headache than its worth. 

4 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Do they make wireless mouses with multiple USB receivers?  I've found some that have a USB receiver with bluetooth or an apple type C receiver.

We have a workstation at our house where we swap in and out my work laptop, my wife's, and our personal laptop.  Would be really cool to just have a USB receiver permanently plugged into each laptop and have a toggle on the mouse without having to move the laptop receiver.  We frequently lose it or take it to work on accident, then our mouse is worthless that day.  Also really don't want 3 mouses out or have to store them or whatever.

Thoughts?

Like this one for instance, https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Comb-Ergonomic-Connection-Rechargeable/dp/B07VJYPVPW/ref=sr_1_30_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mouse+dongle&qid=1594300994&refinements=p_n_feature_six_browse-bin%3A21162156011&rnid=21162153011&s=electronics&sr=1-30-spons&psc=1&smid=A30CLHMTEZUEN2&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNVo2QzhDOFlXVDJWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODc2ODk5RUpUNTEySVZYSUxFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMDU1OTFCMjVXM1ZJMDhBREcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9idGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Has a USB, type C and bluetooth, but I really don't want a bluetooth one and have to pair it each time and have no use for the type C, just want multiple USB plugins. 

Something like this or a similar Logitech mouse should work.  Might need to buy extra of the USB receivers though for each laptop if you don't want to use bluetooth, not sure how many come with it.  They're like $10 on Amazon for extras. 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Triathalon-Multi-Device-Wireless-Mouse/dp/B01LF37K80

https://sports.theonion.com/cam-newton-scrambling-to-get-up-to-speed-after-patriots-1844324700

@Shanedorf thought you might get a chuckle out of this

Cam Newton told reporters Thursday that he was scrambling to get up to speed after the New England Patriots sent him a playbook of every NFL team. “This is thousands of pages, it’s going to take forever to read—and I haven’t even started watching all the security footage of teams practicing yet,”

L O L

Edited by N4L
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Could maybe look at a docking station or thunderbolt type thingy.   Just got a big 32" monitor with the HDMI cord handy so we can plug in the computer.  We always use the laptop keyboards so we don't really have a set keyboard on the desk.  So the monitor doesn't really have a home desktop or anything. Would just be nice to pop in the HDMI cord, grab the mouse and flip a dial to like channel 1, 2 or 3, and just start working.   Also, we have a Dell, HP and Lenovo, so thinking a docking station might be more of a headache than its worth. 

https://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Display-Adapter-Delivery-Compatible/dp/B07PRJJNGF/ref=zg_bs_778660_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZEEQ1R9KXF9T31HPA9MH

something like this could be an idea, like you build your own kind of universal dock. It looks like you can plug all your connections like USBs, HDMIs, VGAs, and whatever you might need into this adapter and then you plug the adapter into your computer and now you have access to your monitor and I would think wireless mouse.

This could be the route you want.

7 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Do they make wireless mouses with multiple USB receivers?  I've found some that have a USB receiver with bluetooth or an apple type C receiver.

We have a workstation at our house where we swap in and out my work laptop, my wife's, and our personal laptop.  Would be really cool to just have a USB receiver permanently plugged into each laptop and have a toggle on the mouse without having to move the laptop receiver.  We frequently lose it or take it to work on accident, then our mouse is worthless that day.  Also really don't want 3 mouses out or have to store them or whatever.

Thoughts?

Why not just go Bluetooth? Then you have no receiver at all. You might have to sync it each time, but you would using the Logitech adapter too.

8 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Thoughts?

Like this one for instance, https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Comb-Ergonomic-Connection-Rechargeable/dp/B07VJYPVPW/ref=sr_1_30_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mouse+dongle&qid=1594300994&refinements=p_n_feature_six_browse-bin%3A21162156011&rnid=21162153011&s=electronics&sr=1-30-spons&psc=1&smid=A30CLHMTEZUEN2&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNVo2QzhDOFlXVDJWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODc2ODk5RUpUNTEySVZYSUxFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMDU1OTFCMjVXM1ZJMDhBREcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9idGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Has a USB, type C and bluetooth, but I really don't want a bluetooth one and have to pair it each time and have no use for the type C, just want multiple USB plugins. 

Does your workstation have an external monitor?  If so get a KVM switch, this would allow you to connect all the laptops at once and direct which one is connected to the screen & mouse with a single button.

I don't get why some people call 911 from the road thinking that someone needs help but don't stop to make sure they actually do or to see if they can help.

And I'm not talking about them being in a sketchy part of town and not wanting to stop for their safety

A couple months ago here was the total TV show watching I had done in 35 years:

Friends

GOT

Parks and rec

The office

I have quadrupled that in a few months, while also losing all my gains from working out. This is pathetic. If this doesnt end soon I will go insane.