What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

15 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't get why some people call 911 from the road thinking that someone needs help but don't stop to make sure they actually do or to see if they can help.

And I'm not talking about them being in a sketchy part of town and not wanting to stop for their safety

Sure you do.

They want to help, but don’t want to expose themselves to risk or be late to wherever they’re headed, etc.  

It also alleviates any feelings of guilt if they did nothing.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure you do.

They want to help, but don’t want to expose themselves to risk or be late to wherever they’re headed, etc.  

I guess it depends on the person, too. I'd pull over and help, but I'd feel uncomfortable doing so if I had both kids in the car. That uncomfort would be doubled if it was my wife with the kids.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but that sort of context matters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure you do.

That's why I added the safety thing. Someone was slouched over in a chair.  It wouldn't be hard to roll the window down to see if they were sleeping. Another time a trucker saw someone not moving in a field so the first responders wasted time trying to find him but he must have been fine and left. 

I guess i get why a lot of people don't.  It just surprises me sometimes 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess it depends on the person, too. I'd pull over and help, but I'd feel uncomfortable doing so if I had both kids in the car. That uncomfort would be doubled if it was my wife with the kids.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but that sort of context matters.

Context definitely matters, very true.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's why I added the safety thing. Someone was slouched over in a chair.  It wouldn't be hard to roll the window down to see if they were sleeping. Another time a trucker saw someone not moving in a field so the first responders wasted time trying to find him but he must have been fine and left. 

I guess i get why a lot of people don't.  It just surprises me sometimes 

Yeah stuff like that is pretty easy to figure out before calling EMS.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Gonna try to grill salmon for first time. Just need one basic spice to season it with(not salt.) Any suggestions?

I'd probably go either chili powder or curry powder, personally.

• Like 1

Gonna try to grill salmon for first time. Just need one basic spice to season it with(not salt.) Any suggestions?

I would advise using more than one spice, for starters.  You need a little salt almost any time you cook meat.

But if you want to keep it simple, a squeeze of lemon and some dried dill is a good way to go.

• Like 1

All kinds of fun options.

Soak some cedar planks and cook them on there.  

For seasoning, can melt a little butter and add olive oil and brush it on, then just salt and pepper, I'd prefer with some dill (not dill weed).  Can use use some lemon pepper, maybe with a squeeze of lemon as well.  One of my fav ways just a little butter and salt, then crumble on just a bit of brown sugar, when its just about done, put it under the broiler for 30-60 seconds. 

• Like 1