What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Wtf happened to that smoke show you were seeing that was a lawyer or whatever 

WTF how do my stupid stories stick with you? Havent you learned to ignore me?

She wants kids. I dont. This is exactly the reason it ended with the last chick. Luckily both made me a side piece after it ended. So Ive still got the benefits but I dont have to buy christmas presents or meet their mom. 

I do think I am going to have start dating chicks in an older age bracket. I cant keep investing so much time into girls that want to get prego. Thats a hard pass. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, theJ said:
23 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lot of stores taking up a no coin policy recently - cashless should be the standard anyways, so I don't mind.

There's advantages to both. 

If youve managed to get into wild debt, cash is a much better option. When you swipe a card it doesnt register in your brain. When you take out your last $20 panic sets in and you decide ramen noodles is your fav dinner. 

• Like 3

On 7/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, theJ said:

Huh, apparently the COVID pandemic has caused a shortage of coins.  Walmart has stopped doing cash transactions.

Yep, with the pandemic and business closures, the coin inventory has been depleted and the US mint only recently began ramping up production.  Many businesses went cashless before now due to safety concerns, but now they are going cashless because coin vaults and banks are rationed.  

Walmart is big enough that they probably have their own vault services around the country so if they are out, it means they went cashless.  We have an armored company that handles all of our money, and we can't even order a box of each denomination now.  Cash across the chain currently accounts for 15% of all transactions.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yep, with the pandemic and business closures, the coin inventory has been depleted and the US mint only recently began ramping up production.  Many businesses went cashless before now due to safety concerns, but now they are going cashless because coin vaults and banks are rationed.  

Walmart is big enough that they probably have their own vault services around the country so if they are out, it means they went cashless.  We have an armored company that handles all of our money, and we can't even order a box of each denomination now.  Cash across the chain currently accounts for 15% of all transactions.  

Thanks for the illumination, greatly appreciated.
We were talking with friends about the typical night deposit from a restaurant - it used be be thousands in cash every night.
And while it was in a significant decline already, now its a trickle and we were trying to guess the %

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Thanks for the illumination, greatly appreciated.
We were talking with friends about the typical night deposit from a restaurant - it used be be thousands in cash every night.
And while it was in a significant decline already, now its a trickle and we were trying to guess the %

About 10 years ago, we switched from taking money to the bank to having a safe where we put all of the bills into it.  An armored carrier picks up money twice a week, and gives us a change order.  Once the money goes into the safe, we aren't responsible for it anymore.  

My stepfather ran a restaurant in the late 80s and he did all he could to get people to pay cash because credit card fees were horrible.  Nowadays, Square has fees that compare to those that chains can negotiate so it benefits everyone to try and use credit.  Also for fast food and quick-service places, the faster they can go with the credit cards, the more customers they can serve.  We use Square for our off-site events because it gives us real-time credit authorization with a mobile hotspot and the fee is nearly as good as what is negotiated by corporate with the credit card companies.  

We get more cash on payday Friday and Saturday though, as well as the December and Back to School shopping seasons.  

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Once the money goes into the safe, we aren't responsible for it anymore.  

That's really an interesting twist -  and it takes away the danger of the 2 am cash deposit.
Our manager griped about it because we'd all sit around drinking heavily after work and he wanted to keep his wits about him till after the deposit was made.