What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

With a name like Grimace, is the McDonalds character suffering? Why has his pain been ignored for so long?

I had a teacher in high school that didn't know the name Grimace, but instead called it the purple whore from McDonalds.  

I kid you not.  

11 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

is anyone any good at budgeting or financial planning? I'm trying to figure out if a 60K job in CA is a bad deal.

I make 75k a year and live in a 495 Square foot apartment with my better half and a son due any day over the next two weeks. What kind of lifestyle you looking to live? Haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

The Job is in Van Nuys, but I was told by the recruiter that Santa Clara would be cheaper. Based on my calculations, I don't think I can swing it.

$60k in California doesn't seem like it would work, just based off my limited knowledge of how expensive it is there.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

The Job is in Van Nuys, but I was told by the recruiter that Santa Clara would be cheaper. Based on my calculations, I don't think I can swing it.

I'm guessing they meant Santa Clarita, but you probably don't want to set yourself up for much of a commute in the LA world. 20 miles can be 30-40 minutes especially if you are going with traffic from a bedroom community to the work zone. Tell the recruiter that somebody with your skills and experience is worth $75k in LA and that if he was any good at his job - that's what he would get you. Recruiter is getting paid some of your salary for the first 6-12 months depending on contract, so there's some room on this one. Not $15k, but some.

And as Counselor noted, what's your quality of life aspirations ?

9 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

$50,000 minus taxes would allow you to live in a closet somewhere.