What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, swoosh said:

negative. thank you, bless your soul for saving me money. 

The higher end TV's do have better image processors and you will get a SLIGHTLY better picture and smoother content, but unless you are a visiophile, you probably would rather save a grand than get that upgrade.

For watching Netflix? You will love it. With 4k, HDR, and an LED backlight, you are set.

The only thing right now that is (arguably) worth the extra money is to get an OLED (for the faster response time and deeper blacks / less backlight bleed), but that is a big jump in price for a relatively small gain in most lighting conditions.

• Like 2

Just now, Heimdallr said:

The higher end TV's do have better image processors and you will get a SLIGHTLY better picture and smoother content, but unless you are a visiophile, you probably would rather save a grand than get that upgrade.

For watching Netflix? You will love it. With 4k, HDR, and an LED backlight, you are set.

The only thing right now that is (arguably) worth the extra money is to get an OLED (for the faster response time and deeper blacks / less backlight bleed), but that is a big jump in price for a relatively small gain in most lighting conditions.

you sold me, thanks man. I'm buying all new furniture so the extra money will be better served elsewhere. 

• Like 1

For Smart TV's in that range, honestly the most important thing to consider is the user interface. If you like the Samsung interface and their app integration, awesome. If not, maybe look at Sony or LG (etc.) to see if their systems work better for you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

you sold me, thanks man. I'm buying all new furniture so the extra money will be better served elsewhere. 

If you are moving or setting up a new system, definitely skimp on the TV for now. Super easy to upgrade later. The difference between $500 and $3000 is minimal, and the super high end stuff is outdated in  a year anyway. We can barely stream 4k content as it is right now, so there is NO reason to get an 8k, or high framerate set unless you have a specific need (such as gaming). 

Meanwhile, the difference between a $500 and $2000 couch is massive huge

• Like 2

Just now, Heimdallr said:

If you are moving or setting up a new system, definitely skimp on the TV for now. Super easy to upgrade later. The difference between $500 and $3000 is minimal, and the super high end stuff is outdated in  a year anyway. We can barely stream 4k content as it is right now, so there is NO reason to get an 8k, or high framerate set unless you have a specific need (such as gaming). 

Meanwhile, the difference between a $500 and $2000 couch is massive huge

I've heard good things about other brands, but I've owned two TVs from Samsung so I'm just going to roll with that one. I currently have a 40-inch in the living room (maybe 2 years old) and a 32-inch (10 years old) in the bedroom. The 65 will go in the living room and the 40 in the bedroom. Upgrades in both spots.

Appreciate the help. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I currently have a 40-inch in the living room (maybe 2 years old) and a 32-inch (10 years old) in the bedroom. The 65 will go in the living room and the 40 in the bedroom. Upgrades in both spots.

Have you measured to make sure a 65" will fit and look good in your space? The difference between 65" and 55" (and then even more so for 40") is HUGE

I recently replaced my 55" TV and thought about getting a 65", but after measuring it and looking at it, it was just too big, and I got another 55"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Have you measured to make sure a 65" will fit and look good in your space? The difference between 65" and 55" (and then even more so for 40") is HUGE

I recently replaced my 55" TV and thought about getting a 65", but after measuring it and looking at it, it was just too big, and I got another 55"

I did look into that and I think we'll be alright, but if it feels too big we'll just exchange for the 55''. The living room width is 12 feet and I read with a 65'', you should be 8 to 13.5 ft away .The TV won't be right against the wall and we won't be right against the other wall, but I think it should be alright from that standpoint. I'm more concerned about it looking too big on our new media console (63 inches). We'll have about 3 inches on each side which is what we have now with our current console/TV and I kinda feel it doesn't look the greatest. We'll see. Opted for the 65 inch for now just because it's only about $60 more/person over the 55'', but if it's too big it's too big and we'll exchange. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

My family always called them wild hairs.  I get them from time to time on my shoulders. It's more than likely a damaged or abnormal follicle.  

This is deeply disappointing information.

I'm gonna keep it though.  And see what happens.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

For Smart TV's in that range, honestly the most important thing to consider is the user interface. If you like the Samsung interface and their app integration, awesome. If not, maybe look at Sony or LG (etc.) to see if their systems work better for you. 

I like that Samsungs always seem to take less button clicks to do a thing.  They do just seem better configured for efficient, intuitive operation.  Everything is usually clustered really conveniently to blindly futz with in the dark half asleep or whatever.  The others, not also so much.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

This is true.  There is sometimes such a thing as too much TV.  It's weird.  But it's possible.

Mostly tonight i'm just thinking about how when they sing country songs about farming, they never really mention that stacking hay bales always happens in like the hottest days of the year and that it's super miserable and scratchy.  And if i don't ever post on the site beyond the next couple days, ya'll will know that i died of death due to hay bales.