What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I dropped $250 on a Ping driver and my drives are going further but even with the driver being SF (straight flight) I can’t hit it straight to save my life 

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Honestly? Messages and thoughts would bleed over into other threads. 

We don't have the depth of a Reddit, with over 330,000,000 members - chances are the guy you're talking Cam/Belly is the same guy you're drafting against in a food thread, which has three members you're familiar with in baseball, which has a subsection of posters who are geeked about The Mandalorian - you bump into the same faces repeatedly on this site.

That face starts to change when you see their political views are opposite your views. That person doesn't become a person anymore, they're "the enemy" and that's a bell you can't un-ring, you know? Now, this isn't just a person who is completely off in thinking Belly is tanking for Lawrence, this is that dude who has the gall to believe [insert political take here] and that leads to significant dissention... not the superficial dissention that is sports.

I see the utility in having one, but I also see any debate spilling out into a Kamara v CMC debate, or a thread about NFL Top 100. 

That's how I see it going, at least.

Fair enough :)

I don't personally consider anyone I disagree with as evil, but I'd be remiss to say that wasn't a thing. It's certainly the most divisive thing you can talk about. Good point, well made @ET80

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

We don't have the depth of a Reddit, with over 330,000,000 members - chances are the guy you're talking Cam/Belly is the same guy you're drafting against in a food thread, which has three members you're familiar with in baseball, which has a subsection of posters who are geeked about The Mandalorian - you bump into the same faces repeatedly on this site.

That face starts to change when you see their political views are opposite your views. That person doesn't become a person anymore, they're "the enemy" and that's a bell you can't un-ring, you know? Now, this isn't just a person who is completely off in thinking Belly is tanking for Lawrence, this is that dude who has the gall to believe [insert political take here] and that leads to significant dissention... not the superficial dissention that is sports.

I see the utility in having one, but I also see any debate spilling out into a Kamara v CMC debate, or a thread about NFL Top 100. 

You already lost

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyty said:

I dropped $250 on a Ping driver and my drives are going further but even with the driver being SF (straight flight) I can’t hit it straight to save my life 

I just ordered an Odyssey putter to replace my almost 20 year old Kmart putter, and I'm expecting the similar result honestly. 

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

As someone who has run a forum with a politics section, I co-sign all of this.  If I started a forum again, I would not have a politics section at all and would go the route that Webby did here.  That's a big reason why I signed up here in the first place. 

Well, the inevitable finally happened. One of our two outdoor cats got hit by a car and died (instantly). They’re great at keeping mice away (we live in the country, I have an outdoor doghouse shelter for them, give them food/water, etc). This is the reason I got two actually. However, explaining this to my kids is going to be tough. They’re going to be devastated.

However, I think it will be a good and natural way to have them understand death better, as they don’t quite understand the finality yet. It will also reinforce why we tell them to not go near/cross the road without us, why we look both ways, and why we never chase the cats when they run towards the street. I have no idea how this is going to go.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Well, the inevitable finally happened. One of our two outdoor cats got hit by a car and died (instantly). They’re great at keeping mice away (we live in the country, I have an outdoor doghouse shelter for them, give them food/water, etc). This is the reason I got two actually. However, explaining this to my kids is going to be tough. They’re going to be devastated.

However, I think it will be a good and natural way to have them understand death better, as they don’t quite understand the finality yet. It will also reinforce why we tell them to not go near/cross the road without us, why we look both ways, and why we never chase the cats when they run towards the street. I have no idea how this is going to go.

Yeah, they'll get over it.  Sucks to lose a cat, even an outdoor mouser cat.

I grew up on a farm, and we had a lot of cats.  I saw one get cut in half by a bushhog, one get seriously injured in a car's engine (it lived), and one that got into something poisonous, so my dad had to shoot it.  It's part of rural living, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, they'll get over it.  Sucks to lose a cat, even an outdoor mouser cat.

I grew up on a farm, and we had a lot of cats.  I saw one get cut in half by a bushhog, one get seriously injured in a car's engine (it lived), and one that got into something poisonous, so my dad had to shoot it.  It's part of rural living, unfortunately.

Glad you get it. Even though I’ve had this happen with farm cats before, I always get slightly sad. It’s absolutely part of life, but he was a solid mouser and Hs a great temperament with my kids...and his mellow attitude and lack of basic survival skills is exactly why he’s flattened a quarter of a mile from my house. He was way too fearless.

19 hours ago, Tyty said:

Odds are you are either dipping your back shoulder too much or aren't getting your wrists turned over to go along with the swing.  You slicing it or hooking it?

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Odds are you are either dipping your back shoulder too much or aren't getting your wrists turned over to go along with the swing.  You slicing it or hooking it?

My entire drive is stiff and awkward and idk how to fix it 

slice

Edited by Tyty

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

My entire drive is stiff and awkward and idk how to fix it 

slice

I had a problem with a bad slice when I was younger and someone showed me how I was getting my back shoulder too low while keeping my wrists rigid so I ended up hitting the ball with the club face at a sharp angle up which put the spin on it and caused the slice.  I tried keep my shoulders more level, but it was very awkward for me, so while it's a little harder I kept the shoulder dip and worked on rolling my right wrist forward some as part of my swing which in turn leveled off my club face so I was hitting the ball more flush.  It's more moving parts that way so it's hard for an amateur like me to keep it consistent, but it was definitely better.  If I rolled too much, I ended up with a hook, or if I was late i'd have a slice still, although it wasn't as severe.  If I ever get a chance to play consistently again maybe I could build that consistency, but since kids, I've barely been able to play at all.  In about 12-13 years the kids will be out of the house (and i'll be in my early 50's by then) I might try to pick it back up.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, ET80 said:

I hate everyone equally. So we good fam.

• Like 1