What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

19 minutes ago, theJ said:

They spent a lifetime perfecting that craft, and worked on it every day.  It's not something you or i can replicate doing it 3 hrs/week, that's for sure.

The science/artistry combination is something that will never cease to amaze me. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

How has Arby’s had any success? Mess is nasty

I actually like the original roast beef and curly fries, but I completely understand your thought as it pertains to sales.  The one closest to me is hanging on by a thread- I hardly see anyone in it, and it's been open for 10 years.  Another franchisee shuttered 12 of his stores local to my mother.  I mean, costs can be controlled, but if you don't have sales, it doesn't matter how well you control cost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I actually like the original roast beef and curly fries, but I completely understand your thought as it pertains to sales.  The one closest to me is hanging on by a thread- I hardly see anyone in it, and it's been open for 10 years.  Another franchisee shuttered 12 of his stores local to my mother.  I mean, costs can be controlled, but if you don't have sales, it doesn't matter how well you control cost. 

I read an article that for about two months they have been selling meat by the pound. I would not buy that.

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I read an article that for about two months they have been selling meat by the pound. I would not buy that.

That's news to me as well.  While I could see that being a good business decision for Covid depending on the location, yeah, I wouldn't spend money on it, but that's because between work and home, there are four great BBQ places where I can get such better quality.  

But I can at least appreciate a company that is trying to adapt and try new things.  When the state shut everything down when Covid started, one restaurant opened their place as a food market selling produce and meat because Annapolis has no supermarket downtown.  Pretty smart for them to do that, especially for the people who rely on public transportation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I spent probably a year altogether in the hospital over the course of two years like a decade ago and the hospital was by an Arby’s so I mainlined that **** on the regular and now I only ever want it for nostalgia 

I’m about to take a trip for a couple weeks to Oregon. Wondering if there’s a way to alert the bank not to put a hold on my card for activity over there since they will probably do it. I ordered food for somewhere 20 mins from my apartment a couple weeks ago and they put a hold on my account for mysterious activity 

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m about to take a trip for a couple weeks to Oregon. Wondering if there’s a way to alert the bank not to put a hold on my card for activity over there since they will probably do it. I ordered food for somewhere 20 mins from my apartment a couple weeks ago and they put a hold on my account for mysterious activity 

Yeah just call them.

Also, you changed your name again?

• Like 1