What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

For the married fellas and explicitly not @Matts4313, when you filled out your gift registry, how much of that stuff did you actually want? Of the things that you actually got from your gift registry, how much of it ended up boxed up in storage and is still sitting there years later?

Agonizing over what to buy for a friends wedding. I've always been a strict gift card person but this friend is a closer friend than most weddings I attend so I feel like I should so something else. 

Thats just rude.

You could always go to him/her personally and ask if there is a particular item s/he would really like. That you value that relationship and want to get a good gift. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats just rude.

You could always go to him/her personally and ask if there is a particular item s/he would really like. That you value that relationship and want to get a good gift. 

I always knew skywind would end up with a hermaphrodite 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

For the married fellas and explicitly not @Matts4313, when you filled out your gift registry, how much of that stuff did you actually want? Of the things that you actually got from your gift registry, how much of it ended up boxed up in storage and is still sitting there years later?

Agonizing over what to buy for a friends wedding. I've always been a strict gift card person but this friend is a closer friend than most weddings I attend so I feel like I should so something else. 

Never underestimate the value of a personal check.

Some people need toasters, others need wine glasses, but everyone likes cash.

27 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Here's what I do:

I find something on the registry that I KNOW my buddy specifically wanted, and get him that. For example, one of my friends wanted a cast iron skillet, so I made sure HE got that because I knew he registered for it. Sorry man, I'm not getting you towels, welcome mats, or random decorations, or that 4th set of plates that's going to sit in your garage for 8 years because your wife says "We'll need these!" (You won't!).

If in doubt, $50 says both "I love you" and "Go buy it yourself" and "This is a life lesson on why having a cash cache that your wife doesn't know about so she can't track your credit card purchases and make you feel bad about buying that dinner out is important".

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

A lot of people just walking around scanning cool stuff. Find something you know they actually need/want from the registry, or get them something personal. My wife and I knew that one of my friends and his wife really liked to cook together, and watch Food Network. We skipped the registry, and instead got them a bunch of spices from a spice shop, a salt block, and some other little kitchen stuff. They loved it.

I just picked a couple ghost peppers from my garden and put them in brine with garlic to ferment. Hopefully I'll have a nice hot sauce in a few weeks. I only used 2 peppers and I should have about 6 more from this plant, so I should be able to make a couple of different varieties. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Grubhub is limited in my area, I can get things as far as 30 mins away cause the only grubhub driver lives 30 mins away. On that note, would it be wrong to order something from him on grubhub from the coffee shop that’s one building away from my apartment just for the lols

It wouldn't be wrong if you give him a decent tip for the effort.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I just picked a couple ghost peppers from my garden and put them in brine with garlic to ferment. Hopefully I'll have a nice hot sauce in a few weeks. I only used 2 peppers and I should have about 6 more from this plant, so I should be able to make a couple of different varieties. 

So you going to bottle this up and sell it on the black market? Asking for a friend.

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Grubhub is limited in my area, I can get things as far as 30 mins away cause the only grubhub driver lives 30 mins away. On that note, would it be wrong to order something from him on grubhub from the coffee shop that’s one building away from my apartment just for the lols

also, you might get blacklisted ala Elaine if you try this

23 hours ago, D82 said:

He should absolutely lose his job. It's not like this is a one off for him either, he's full of **** takes just to get attention and that's been his schtick his entire career. He's a hack and the fact that outlets keep hiring is an even worse look for them. FS1's statement is hollow unless Skip gets fired. 

I lost a cousin to suicide, had my own attempt and have battled anxiety/depression for 20 years. To say it's a sign of weakness to admit you are battling those demons or that it makes you less of a leader is absolutely harmful and dangerous. 

Never mind too personal 🙂

Edited by Bonanza23

23 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Matching shotglasses with their initials engraved on it