What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

JK Rowling just wrote a book about a transgender serial killer of women lmao 

the theory of men pretending to be trans to abuse women in women's bathrooms is hilarious to me because like (ignoring firstly that it's horrendously transphobic)

idk watch the news read a newspaper look at DV statistics or what ever because abusive men don't go to that much trouble to abuse women

Edited by Shady Slim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

the theory of men pretending to be trans to abuse women in women's bathrooms is hilarious to me because like (ignoring firstly that it's horrendously transphobic)

idk watch the news read a newspaper look at DV statistics or what ever because abusive men don't go to that much trouble to abuse women

It’s hilarious because it wasn’t that long ago that she was getting blasted for being transphobic and should’ve had a come to the light moment like Drew Brees did with something else but instead she wrote an entire book showcasing her hatred

• Like 1

Has anyone had a situation where a supervisor or manage took your work and/or idea and used it as their own?

I created a learning guide for my job a month ago. Showed my boss, and 2 other coworkers, in hopes of getting good feedback, to make it great for all the new people. Yesterday I was trained by supervisor, with a power point, on my idea. I was not even mentioned or my work cited. It is fairly common knowledge in our industry if you've done it or been trained in it. But this is really bothering me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Has anyone had a situation where a supervisor or manage took your work and/or idea and used it as their own?

I created a learning guide for my job a month ago. Showed my boss, and 2 other coworkers, in hopes of getting good feedback, to make it great for all the new people. Yesterday I was trained by supervisor, with a power point, on my idea. I was not even mentioned or my work cited. It is fairly common knowledge in our industry if you've done it or been trained in it. But this is really bothering me.

That’s BS

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

I didn't think real people actually did that.  That's pretty awful.

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I suggested restructuring the bar I work at a certain way for like 3 years and it fell on deaf ears for 3 years and then the I told the bar lead my idea when he came on a few months ago and he got it approved and took all the credit lol

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Yeah I'm pretty pissed. I'm just trying to remain calm and figure out a plan of action.

I would be so beyond annoyed!! Anyway you could add another idea or angle to it and then, in an email or memo send it to your boss and copy the others. 'After creating the learning guide, I had an additional idea, ______. What are your thoughts or feedback?'  Maybe sending a little hint that you created it but then also asking your boss for his opinion, etc.   ??? I dunno - that's a rough situation. I don't blame you for being po'ed! I mean the email/memo idea sounds a bit petty but at the same time, what -- go around telling people you did it or suck it up.

14 hours ago, K9 said:

I would be so beyond annoyed!! Anyway you could add another idea or angle to it and then, in an email or memo send it to your boss and copy the others. 'After creating the learning guide, I had an additional idea, ______. What are your thoughts or feedback?'  Maybe sending a little hint that you created it but then also asking your boss for his opinion, etc.   ??? I dunno - that's a rough situation. I don't blame you for being po'ed! I mean the email/memo idea sounds a bit petty but at the same time, what -- go around telling people you did it or suck it up.

We hashed it out yesterday. His project stated around the same time I brought up the idea in my goals meeting. Then he told me he forgot about it, and said he thought I was still working on it. I've given him the benefit of the doubt. It was just miscommunication I think. He's not the type of person to do that, which is good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Brutal man. Chin up. You'll figure something else out. Maybe an opportunity to start or finish your education.

It's all good. I resigned on my own accord. I've got a state job lined up down there and will be going back to school in the spring to finish my degree. 

• Like 4