What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If you ask nicely I will drive to galveston and teach you how to do it yourself. I will endure the hot, humid, gross land of galveston just for you. 

I’m down. We’ve got a guest room if need be.

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

I’m down. We’ve got a guest room if need be.

Invest in a smoker. I am not sure the maintenance in humid weather? To start though, treat it like a cast iron. Get it crazy hot and rub vegetable oil on it. Once youve seasoned it, I suggest you host @DaBoys, @ET80 and myself for a little party. Between all of us we will destroy a lot of beers and meat. 

38 minutes ago, D82 said:

😂 Yeah, I learned that quick. Coming back to MD it felt like it took forever to get out of Texas.

East Coast is very different than the West. I never left CA until I was 26, and I was in 4 states, and DC, in one weekend a couple of years ago when I went to MD. I could drive 12hrs north from where I was, and not get out of CA. I was 2.5-3hrs north of LA too. In 2hrs on the East Coast, I was in 3 different states.

I had a friend that moved from CA to San Antonio. He dove back to visit one time. It's around a 22-24 hour drive, and over half of it was in TX.

5 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

East Coast is very different than the West. I never left CA until I was 26, and I was in 4 states, and DC, in one weekend a couple of years ago when I went to MD. I could drive 12hrs north from where I was, and not get out of CA. In 2hrs on the East Coast, I was in 3 different states.

I had a friend that moved from CA to San Antonio. He dove back to visit one time. It's around a 22-24 hour drive, and over half of it was in TX.

People forget that we could have been our own country. 

42 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Just had a phone interview with a recruiter for a job in San Antonio. The odds

tenor.gif?itemid=13066208

San Antonio is the one city I'd live in if I had to leave Houston/Sugar Land. Wife has a ton of family out there and it is dirt cheap...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

San Antonio is the one city I'd live in if I had to leave Houston/Sugar Land. Wife has a ton of family out there and it is dirt cheap...

Yeah I looked at the cost of living calculator, and its nearly the same to my current city.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

SA is underrated because Charles Barkley made it seem like only fat people live there. Its part of the hill country, there is a lot of beauty in SA.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've been meaning to ask you - you been to Austin yet? I have to think you'd like Austin.

Pwny is a total Austinite. Dallas is to red for him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've been meaning to ask you - you been to Austin yet? I have to think you'd like Austin.

We spent a weekend in Austin last year for ACL. Didn't do a ton in the city outside of the festival, but it was decent.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Invest in a smoker. I am not sure the maintenance in humid weather? To start though, treat it like a cast iron. Get it crazy hot and rub vegetable oil on it. Once youve seasoned it, I suggest you host @DaBoys, @ET80 and myself for a little party. Between all of us we will destroy a lot of beers and meat. 

This sounds like a plan.

• Like 1