What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So the supreme court has officially ruled that subway bread has too much sugar in it to be considered bread.

Everything going on and this is what the supreme court is focused on....

Edit:

Nevermind The person who posted the article where I read it failed to specify that it was the IRISH supreme court.

Still seems silly though

Edited by rob_shadows

22 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

You can with USPS, UPS you have to go through their customer support and either drop it off at a UPS store or schedule a pickup. 

What a hassle, that sucks!

On 9/30/2020 at 7:26 PM, rob_shadows said:

So the supreme court has officially ruled that subway bread has too much sugar in it to be considered bread.

Everything going on and this is what the supreme court is focused on....

Edit:

Nevermind The person who posted the article where I read it failed to specify that it was the IRISH supreme court.

Still seems silly though

Ireland has different tax rates for essentials vs sweets. Bread gets a lower tax rate, but in order to do so, it requires that it fit within certain specifications, which the sugar content of Subway bread is far too high to meet. Subway is still allowed to call it bread, but they are going to be taxed as if it is cake because of the sugar content. Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

• Like 4

I'm doing my part to indoctrinate the kids that I teach.

For example, we are currently listening to Over the Mountain by Ozzy Osbourne, with the late great Randy Rhoades on lead guitar. Parents, I'm extremely disappointed with 95% of you for not teaching your children standard basics in life.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm doing my part to indoctrinate the kids that I teach.

For example, we are currently listening to Over the Mountain by Ozzy Osbourne, with the late great Randy Rhoades on lead guitar. Parents, I'm extremely disappointed with 95% of you for not teaching your children standard basics in life.

What do you teach?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Social Studies

1. Modern U.S. History

2. Psychology

3. Western Civilization I and II

4. Sociology

Well then it's incumbent on you to also teach the foundational text of Western Civilization

Awaken the Guardian by Fates Warning

Just now, Starless said:

Well then it's incumbent on you to also teach the foundational text of Western Civilization

Awaken the Guardian by Fates Warning

Exact quote from me today:

"I know what you guys are thinking, and the answer is YES...all 80's music was THIS AWESOME."

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

2020 is going to end on a chaotic bang.

I’m just waiting for a meteor to hit us.

There is an Asteroid projected to hit us on November 2nd according to Nasa but it’s 99.5% likely to burn up to mostly nothing in our atmosphere according to NASA.  

20 hours ago, pwny said:

Ireland has different tax rates for essentials vs sweets. Bread gets a lower tax rate, but in order to do so, it requires that it fit within certain specifications, which the sugar content of Subway bread is far too high to meet. Subway is still allowed to call it bread, but they are going to be taxed as if it is cake because of the sugar content. Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Subway bread is frightening.  The extent to which is makes you smell like Subway for the entire rest of the day, at the very least.  If you just enter one store, one time.

• Like 1