What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just found out that my director tanked my promotion last week after telling our calibration committee some inaccurate information after not giving me that same feedback when I asked for it 3 months ago.

I've went 5 years with pretty smooth sailing at this company and no complaints about co-workers, but this is the closest I've come to being actually pissed off at someone I work with.

Sorry to hear that man, that really stinks. Have you confronted him about it/know how you want to broach the subject?

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just found out that my director tanked my promotion last week after telling our calibration committee some inaccurate information after not giving me that same feedback when I asked for it 3 months ago.

I've went 5 years with pretty smooth sailing at this company and no complaints about co-workers, but this is the closest I've come to being actually pissed off at someone I work with.

7aaca1cfa6772bb30128003725eea70d0084b1ed

The only solution 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sounds like a good opportunity to give that resume a once over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sorry to hear that man, that really stinks. Have you confronted him about it/know how you want to broach the subject?

I have a meeting scheduled for next Thursday to talk to him about it.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sounds like a good opportunity to give that resume a once over.

Nah, I make really good money and the company is great. It's always just been this one guy, who is a Director, who nobody wants to work with, that I (and many others) have had issues with.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

sorry to hear, that really sucks.
So, why did he tank your promotion ?
He doesn't like Ravens fans
He's worried about you ascending in the organization
He likes you where you are and doesn't want to have to replace you and train a new person
He's managing his budget by keeping you down
He has somebody else he wants in that role and he needs to pimp them and downgrade you to make it happen

Lots of unknowns - but the cards are on the table now. Take some time to consider your next move, pissed off decisions aren't the best decisions

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

sorry to hear, that really sucks.
So, why did he tank your promotion ?
He doesn't like Ravens fans
He's worried about you ascending in the organization
He likes you where you are and doesn't want to have to replace you and train a new person
He's managing his budget by keeping you down
He has somebody else he wants in that role and he needs to pimp them and downgrade you to make it happen

Lots of unknowns - but the cards are on the table now. Take some time to consider your next move, pissed off decisions aren't the best decisions

I've been working on a tool to help our developers do things more efficiently, and one of his main concerns was that I haven't taken enough initiative to broadcast this tool to the "broader group" of people we work with. The only problem is that even if I did broadcast this tool to everyone else, they can't use it right now because of limitations we have as a company, and I've told him that multiple times. I've told him that once we solve those hurdles I'll begin to hold training sessions and what not to broadcast this to the wider group, but until they can use it, it does nothing.

And this promotion wouldn't move me out of the team, it would make the lead developer on the team, which I already am, just not in title.

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm a "cran" guy normally, but don't have much of a Sconnie accent because it's impossible to take that accent seriously.

I understand "crans" to a degree, resulting in a reaction somewhat like this:

LcVJkWB.gif?noredirect

But "crowns" it's more like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=8589833

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And this promotion wouldn't move me out of the team, it would make the lead developer on the team, which I already am, just not in title.

This is where I'd be tempted to get petty and defer everything to him, since he "knows everything".

Teammate: Hey Flacco, I was wondering what your thoughts were on _____________

@AFlaccoSeagulls: That's a great question, but I'm going to defer to (insert your director's name here) on this one.

Director: Flacco, you're the lead...

You: Actually, if you recall, I'm not the lead on this

AcclaimedBestBarb-small.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@beekay414 @ramssuperbowl99 I demand an answer. Step carefully here. @Malfatron @squire12 don't think you're off the hook either.

Cran but no Sconnie accent. I've lived all over the place so I've got a unique accent that blends everywhere I've lived. Tho, I do not have a Wisconsin accent like you think of. SE Wisconsin talks more like Chicago than anything else. 

Edited by beekay414