What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Y’all need snow. It’s nowhere near damp. 

They're actually calling for a slight chance of snow here Friday. I kinda want to see what all these people here in Galveston do when there's a slight dusting on the ground...

• Like 2

i was just scrolling thru twitter and saw a picture of a cat (i ****in hate cats) and i got the strongest smell of a cat... like an overwhelming cat litterbox smell. i'm still pretty amazed that just occured. i've never had a fake scent just happen like that before. yall ever have that happen? i just googled it and i guess that's something that happens. i just got a strong whiff of it as i was typing that sentence too. i dunno wtf is going on 

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i was just scrolling thru twitter and saw a picture of a cat (i ****in hate cats) and i got the strongest smell of a cat... like an overwhelming cat litterbox smell. i'm still pretty amazed that just occured. i've never had a fake scent just happen like that before. yall ever have that happen? i just googled it and i guess that's something that happens. i just got a strong whiff of it as i was typing that sentence too. i dunno wtf is going on 

You're having a stroke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Does the site keep timing out for anyone else or...

On my phone it sure has. Haven't had a problem on my computer though for what ever that is worth. Of course its probably dumb luck it hasn't and I just cursed myself for saying it.

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Oh man. Speaking of cat litterbox.

I went to the dump. The regular low compacting one was being repaired. So had to use a different one off to the side with like 7 foot walls. The woman in front of me had a trash bag full of litter. And shes standing on her toes trying to push it over the top of the dumpster. It opened up and showered her with the whole sack. I was only couple feet from her by then and the ammonia odor punched me in the nose like a hammer and thought I would puke. But then I burst into hysterical laughter. My woman put down the window yelling at me to stop laughing, while offering up wet wipes for the woman. Then the woman burst into tears. Crying and wondering how she was going to drive home all covered head to toe. So there went the kids little mermaid beach towel. Funniest part to me while laughing all the way down the road. Was the wife was trying to help her. Yet never told her she had a couple logs up in her hair. And she took off driving down the road like that. Crying and littered with turds.

35 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m here to update you guys that Finn has since passed on

i've smelt it like 4 more times and after researching it appears i either have a brain tumor or am suffering from epileptic seizures. either way my days are numbered and you guys should appreciate me and show love before i pass on from the overwhelming stench of cat **** in my sinuses 

11 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i've smelt it like 4 more times and after researching it appears i either have a brain tumor or am suffering from epileptic seizures. either way my days are numbered and you guys should appreciate me and show love before i pass on from the overwhelming stench of cat **** in my sinuses 

I hope the Tidy Cat issues end soon for you.

9 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Twitter would end or be completely different.  Facebook might survive, but nothing controversial or public would be allowed.  It would just be private family discussions with every account having to be tied to a SSN.  Instagram would likely end.    If this site still existed, it would be a football only.   No off-topic discussion could be allowed.   Anything where an anonymous user on the internet could cause problems, would end. 

Seriously?! That sounds amazing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Webmaster said:

This will do the exact opposite of what you think.   Removal of section 230 without something replacing it, could make website owners libel for users posts.  As a result, anonymous discussion would completely end.   Reddit would end.  Twitter would end or be completely different.  Facebook might survive, but nothing controversial or public would be allowed.  It would just be private family discussions with every account having to be tied to a SSN.  Instagram would likely end.    If this site still existed, it would be a football only.   No off-topic discussion could be allowed.   Anything where an anonymous user on the internet could cause problems, would end.  Without section 230 protection everything would be censored significantly more.  The exact opposite of what some people think. 

Anyway, let's drop the politics.  

great post.

just something to add re: australia, and just a matter of interest. defamation law here has recently expanded to allow companies like facebook and google to be held liable for material published up on their sites. if i was to get on FF and insinuate a prominent australian politician was linked to jeffrey epstein, or something, there's scope for legal liability for the forum. the owner of the site may not want that risk and is well within their rights to not want to potentially enliven legal consequences for things that are posted on their forum which could incur to them if such discussions were allowed to be held

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

great post.

just something to add re: australia, and just a matter of interest. defamation law here has recently expanded to allow companies like facebook and google to be held liable for material published up on their sites. if i was to get on FF and insinuate a prominent australian politician was linked to jeffrey epstein, or something, there's scope for legal liability for the forum. the owner of the site may not want that risk and is well within their rights to not want to potentially enliven legal consequences for things that are posted on their forum which could incur to them if such discussions were allowed to be held

Hopefully FF isn't Australian based