What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

13 hours ago, ET80 said:
On 2/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, BayRaider said:

Only place I'd move to in Texas is Austin. Has potential to be the next Silicon Valley and your property value has potential to triple over time. Also seems to be pretty diverse with a good mix of culture. You also got guys like Rogan, Musk, and many other that recently moved there or on the outskirts

Austin has always been expensive, that's the drawback. Traffic used to be a nightmare (lotta hills and a really strange road system) but @Matts4313 tells me it's improved.

All things considered - given @Outpost31 requirements of being secluded and in nature - a state capital with the largest University in th state is not secluded at all, and there are a few places outside of Austin that would let you live in nature... But I wouldn't call it the sort of gator country he's looking for.

Austin is the worst. No more moving here.Traffic sucks and we have a weird road system.

I might be lying.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Austin is the worst. No more moving here.Traffic sucks and we have a weird road system.

I might be lying.

I’d be saying the same thing. Californians move everywhere and then mess things up everywhere they go, by doing the exact things they did that made California horrible. “Don’t California my Texas” is a great slogan. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be saying the same thing. Californians move everywhere and then mess things up everywhere they go, by doing the exact things they did that made California horrible. “Don’t California my Texas” is a great slogan. 

When I tell people in CO that I'm from CA, I always feel like I have to explain myself. "I've been here almost 15 years now, before the mass migration, and I was transferred here by my job". That way they don't hate me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If it wasnt for calis moving to austin after they sell their over priced home, I might not have a job.

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Sounds appealing... although Colorado is a nice state (I’m assuming this is the state you’re in?). Only town I don’t like is Denver because of their Pitbull discrimination. Have owned pitbulls all my life, 9+, nothing wrong with them what so ever, nicest and most affectionate dog there is by a country mile. All on who raises the dog, and that goes for any dog. 

Lol.  I went to a Protest the Hero concert in Denver once and the vocalist spent easily 15 minutes ranting at the crowd over this law instead of playing what could have been three or four more songs and I'm like, "Dude, I don't agree with it either, but I don't live in Denver and I just wanted to hear your ****ing music." 

And the ***** of it is they didn't even play a song they have literally written about/for pitbulls. 

Like save the lecture.  If anyone is at a Protest the Hero concert, I can pretty much guarantee that 99 out of every 100 people at that show agrees with you on the pitbull law, so just play your ****ing music. 

Edited by Outpost31

On 2/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, ET80 said:

No, it's not - I used to go to Omaha about once or twice a year - it's nice and quaint.

I couldn't see myself living there... and I think that works for everyone involved.

Nobody wants to see you living anywhere, least of all close by.

20 hours ago, MrDrew said:

When I tell people in CO that I'm from CA, I always feel like I have to explain myself. "I've been here almost 15 years now, before the mass migration, and I was transferred here by my job". That way they don't hate me. 

Yeah, about that ...