What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My actual strategy is to go rogue - not have a team, just spend some time getting back to enjoying good football, no matter who is playing.

For the longest time, I've dreaded guys like Darius Leonard and Derrick Henry, simply because they were rivals. Now, Trevor Lawrence is joining the group - so why not drop association and get into what makes these guys great? Not just AFCS, but everywhere?

There *might* be a plan to start a ponzi scheme in this one, with @ramssuperbowl99@jrry32. More to come, but you basically know it's a Ponzi going into it, so that's not really illegal securities fraud...

I cant jump on board with this. A good hero needs a heel. You have to have a bad guy. For me, thats easy. I hate the entire NFCE + the 9ers and steelers. If I had no team I wouldnt know who to hate. You could say Brady, but he went on Kimmel and was sweet as could be. Then rodgers went on Pats show and he is so loveable and charming. So what are you going to do? Hate the frog in Kansas? He is a texas boy and also really nice. 

All of these players have entered the frat of really enjoyable. Its not the days of Ray Lewis and Irvin, where they are obnoxious. 

But somebody has to play the role of villian. This is a fact of life.

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My actual strategy is to go rogue - not have a team, just spend some time getting back to enjoying good football, no matter who is playing.

For the longest time, I've dreaded guys like Darius Leonard and Derrick Henry, simply because they were rivals. Now, Trevor Lawrence is joining the group - so why not drop association and get into what makes these guys great? Not just AFCS, but everywhere?

There *might* be a plan to start a ponzi scheme in this one, with @ramssuperbowl99@jrry32. More to come, but you basically know it's a Ponzi going into it, so that's not really illegal securities fraud...

Hold on wait a minute the up front Ponzi scheme I'm all good with, but the brochure never said anything about rooting for Trevor Lawrence/Urban Meyer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The frustrating part is that so many people hate Jerry, yet they keep buying tickets and merchandise anyway, which only reinforces his terrible decisions because he’s financially rewarded for his idiotic behavior.

I know you crap on him as a fan. Deservedly. I dont hate Jerry like you do, but I get it. 

Now lets put your thinking cap on.

A guy who is crap at his job and wasted the most talented roster (2007) in maybe, just maybe, nfl history.... yet at the same time quads his net worth. He might have a secret we arent privy to.

Before anyone shoots me, I admit that the roster is being super hyped. But there was legit multi people who should/are going to be HOF if we didnt hire wades dumbbutt.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hold on wait a minute the up front Ponzi scheme I'm all good with, but the brochure never said anything about rooting for Trevor Lawrence/Urban Meyer.

Oh I never said anything about Meyer. I hope his appendix bursts.

Trevor Lawrence? Yeah, I can like what he's doing. I think of it as another BoB/Watson arc...

While I am on it, I want to point out the reason I defend Jerry. When he said he would write a check for $250m if it would win the big game, I truly believe he means that.

Does that make him a great owner and GM. No. Clearly not. But there is no doubt in my mind that he wants it just like we do. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

While I am on it, I want to point out the reason I defend Jerry. When he said he would write a check for $250m if it would win the big game, I truly believe he means that.

Does that make him a great owner and GM. No. Clearly not. But there is no doubt in my mind that he wants it just like we do. 

If he truly wanted it bad enough, at a certain point he would realize he is the one constant thing in the last 25+ years of this team failing to reach an NFC Championship appearance, let alone a Super Bowl. If he truly wanted it, he would put aside his ego and hire a real GM and step aside.

But he won't. Because the franchise is profiting and he loves the spotlight. Ego/Money means more than winning.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant jump on board with this. A good hero needs a heel. You have to have a bad guy. For me, thats easy. I hate the entire NFCE + the 9ers and steelers. If I had no team I wouldnt know who to hate.

Thats where Texas seceding can work for you.

Cause like me. You can just hate the American teams. Which is why I cheer Washington. Cause DC is just like Puerto Rico.

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

If he truly wanted it bad enough, at a certain point he would realize he is the one constant thing in the last 25+ years of this team failing to reach an NFC Championship appearance, let alone a Super Bowl. If he truly wanted it, he would put aside his ego and hire a real GM and step aside.

But he won't. Because the franchise is profiting and he loves the spotlight. Ego/Money means more than winning.

Thats where you are wrong. And I know you know this story. I literally went to dinner with McClay, Garrett and Rod. Will said he was offered the GM spot at Houston. Jerry matched it to keep him. Obvi also he was divorced and his kids lived in Dallas, but he wanted to stay.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That sucks, weather not good to get out...

They weren't as bad as I was expecting...but just decided to err on the side of caution. Ended up going to the Black Bear Diner in League City instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats where you are wrong. And I know you know this story. I literally went to dinner with McClay, Garrett and Rod. Will said he was offered the GM spot at Houston. Jerry matched it to keep him. Obvi also he was divorced and his kids lived in Dallas, but he wanted to stay.

At the very least, step out of the spotlight. Let the football guys do their jobs. 

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant jump on board with this. A good hero needs a heel. You have to have a bad guy. For me, thats easy. I hate the entire NFCE + the 9ers and steelers. If I had no team I wouldnt know who to hate. You could say Brady, but he went on Kimmel and was sweet as could be. Then rodgers went on Pats show and he is so loveable and charming. So what are you going to do? Hate the frog in Kansas? He is a texas boy and also really nice. 

All of these players have entered the frat of really enjoyable. Its not the days of Ray Lewis and Irvin, where they are obnoxious. 

But somebody has to play the role of villian. This is a fact of life.

Brady's an ***. 

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

At the very least, step out of the spotlight. Let the football guys do their jobs. 

There is a really solid chance that after this crap ends that I will be back in houston for some fancy dinner. And I am going to invite you with the sole intent to tell you that you are wrong and it pains him at night to lose. 

Tell your dude its not a date, I am just taking out my bro to eat shrimp and get drunk.