What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

@skywindO2 Do you speak Spanish? If not, how hard was it to get by being solo?

Hardly any. I took a couple years of Spanish in high school but that was 12 years ago and hardly remembered anything. I tried using Duolingo as a refresher but never really stuck with it. Tour operators all spoke English. A lot of restaurants had English on their menus too. I'd say knowing numbers was the most important thing, came in really handy when trying to buy water or snacks from vendors on the sidewalks. "Cuanto es?" and pointing worked just fine usually. I used a pretty flexible bus service to get to different destinations and the guides on it all spoke fluent English. Never had any issues with being solo. In fact, almost everything I did was done with at least one other person I met on a previous tour/activity I did or someone I met in the hostel. The only "solo" part of the trip really was that I left home by myself.

57 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Go with rabbits - you can actually find YouTube videos of people who own, breed and process rabbits for food. 

It's actually pretty crazy - watching them prep rabbits. Pretty crazy.

Store down the road sells rabbits. 

I'm just looking for an excuse, but those effers are spendy. $6.99/lb which oddly enough is how much we're selling prime rib for right now. I'll take the prime rib thank you very much. 

Maybe for Easter. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Large squirrel if you ask me. Same description, not a lot of meat and difficult to get off the bones. Lets do this, I’ll charge 10 bucks a skirrl. I’m deadly with a .22 by the way errrr BTW. 

I'm from the backwoods. I've cooked and eated squirrels and they aren't that big once you get the fluff off of them. 

On 11/6/2017 at 12:37 AM, iPwn said:

Fox and NBC are slowly pulling all their content off of Netflix. HIMYM is getting pulled in a week. IASIP is getting pulled in December. Add those to the long running list of shows to be recently removed completely from Netflix.

Very shortly, this whole cord cutting thing is going to be every bit as expensive as cable if you have a number of things you want to see legally.

Ugh.

Yeah.  It's gonna be fun when every individual network has their own special "streaming service" with all their worthwhile content.  And you have to subscribe to 82 different individual services to watch the shows and sports you like.

Moral of the story.  The customer never wins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm from the backwoods. I've cooked and eated squirrels and they aren't that big once you get the fluff off of them. 

Do they taste like chicken?

Also, why would you eat a squirrel.  There are plenty of big dumb slow animals to slaughter and turn into hamburgers and steaks and stuff.

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Hardly any. I took a couple years of Spanish in high school but that was 12 years ago and hardly remembered anything. I tried using Duolingo as a refresher but never really stuck with it. Tour operators all spoke English. A lot of restaurants had English on their menus too. I'd say knowing numbers was the most important thing, came in really handy when trying to buy water or snacks from vendors on the sidewalks. "Cuanto es?" and pointing worked just fine usually. I used a pretty flexible bus service to get to different destinations and the guides on it all spoke fluent English. Never had any issues with being solo. In fact, almost everything I did was done with at least one other person I met on a previous tour/activity I did or someone I met in the hostel. The only "solo" part of the trip really was that I left home by myself.

I kinda feel like educational second languages are not actually good at teaching languages maybe.

I know i took like 8 years of French through school, and when it comes to other people speaking french around me i basically just go full deer in headlights.  Pourquois?  Leve les mains.  Ferme la porte.

Also took like 3 years of German in college and i still cannot form a proper sentence for the life of me.

BUT...i can count pretty well in like 6 languages.  So i'm probably good.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Do they taste like chicken?

Also, why would you eat a squirrel.  There are plenty of big dumb slow animals to slaughter and turn into hamburgers and steaks and stuff.

Yes and no. You wont make it and trick someone into thinking its normal chicken. But since most people on eat chicken, pork, and beef...it taste most like chicken.

Just now, eagles101 said:

Yes and no. You wont make it and trick someone into thinking its normal chicken. But since most people on eat chicken, pork, and beef...it taste most like chicken.

How do you even come to eat a Squirrel though?  Like...i've never even contemplated hunting one of them.  They're so cute, and clearly not abundantly meaty or delicious looking.

27 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

How do you even come to eat a Squirrel though?  Like...i've never even contemplated hunting one of them.  They're so cute, and clearly not abundantly meaty or delicious looking.

You can get a meal for two or three people hunting an afternoon. They dont have a lot of meat but there are a lot of them. There are also different kind of squirrels. There are a few kinds that are not worth hunting and others that give a decent anount of meat. 

13 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

You can get a meal for two or three people hunting an afternoon. They dont have a lot of meat but there are a lot of them. There are also different kind of squirrels. There are a few kinds that are not worth hunting and others that give a decent anount of meat. 

I feel like the local squirrels are definitely among the "not worth hunting" varietals.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

On a related note, yesterday i had to run outside and tell a half-dozen deer to stop eating my lettuce.  And they didn't seem that concerned.  So idk.

First red squirrels are like the size of a chipmunk, so you dont really eat them. Fox squirrels are like 2 lbs. 

but putting up irish springs soap around your garden wards them off pretty good. Or white flags. Or a string of cans. But the best is a 12 gauge slug gun...but get a tag first.

19 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

First red squirrels are like the size of a chipmunk, so you dont really eat them. Fox squirrels are like 2 lbs. 

but putting up irish springs soap around your garden wards them off pretty good. Or white flags. Or a string of cans. But the best is a 12 gauge slug gun...but get a tag first.

What sort of seasonings do you use for squirrel grilling?

Also, i think these deer are well beyond being frightened away by cheap tricks and flags and rattle cans.  And banging off a 12 gauge might upset the neighbors on account of waking them up in the middle of the night and also, probably not super safe.  The deer seem pretty confident this is their hood at this point though.

Which is what begs the question...why are ya'll eating squirrels and stuff when these dumbass deer are just hanging out asking to be eaten?

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

What sort of seasonings do you use for squirrel grilling?

Also, i think these deer are well beyond being frightened away by cheap tricks and flags and rattle cans.  And banging off a 12 gauge might upset the neighbors on account of waking them up in the middle of the night and also, probably not super safe.  The deer seem pretty confident this is their hood at this point though.

Which is what begs the question...why are ya'll eating squirrels and stuff when these dumbass deer are just hanging out asking to be eaten?

Anything you would with chicken really. Cajun season is pretty good with it.

ya city deer usually are pretty brave and there are a lot of laws to protect them. Some places dont even allow you to bother them (complete nonsense if you ask me) 

i also hunt deer. But you have a shorter season and need to buy individual tags. Squirrels just need a license and you can get unlimited squirrels. I also can hunt them while deer hunting with a slingshot. They are the easiest animal to hunt too. Just sit next to an oak tree and 2 hours later you got 6 squirrels. Getting a variety of meat is nice to. Most people stick to three animals but i like having a dozen or more animals to eat and prepare differently.