What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I just saw the Gronk hit for the first time. Reading the reactions all day I was expecting a lot worse . It didn’t look that bad. Did he break his liver or something?

Everyone is just a little sensitive now. It was basically a late hit. IMO nothing to get all worked up about. If Crabtree and talib got one game, gronk should just get a fine. 

This description about Rex Ryan in an NFL.com article cracked me up

“Smith was responding to comments made earlier this week by the former Jets coach and current ESPN talking face.”

I guess pretending to be neutral about people you write about is a dead concept in all forms of journalism 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

This description about Rex Ryan in an NFL.com article cracked me up

“Smith was responding to comments made earlier this week by the former Jets coach and current ESPN talking face.”

I guess pretending to be neutral about people you write about is a dead concept in all forms of journalism 

Journalism? At ESPN???

Surely you jest.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

If Crabtree and talib got one game, gronk should just get a fine. 

But if Ramsey got ejected, Gronk should get a game. ?

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Everyone is just a little sensitive now. It was basically a late hit. IMO nothing to get all worked up about. If Crabtree and talib got one game, gronk should just get a fine. 

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I just saw the Gronk hit for the first time. Reading the reactions all day I was expecting a lot worse . It didn’t look that bad. Did he break his liver or something?

What heck are you two talking about?

A 270+ pound man dropped an elbow with the full force of his body weight into the back of the head of a player who wasn't looking and was down on the field. It was clearly after the play, it was clearly malicious, and it was clearly dirty. White had to leave the game with a concussion. And you two don't get why people are angry? I'd much rather see a fight. At least both of those guys can defend themselves. It was a disgusting move by Gronk. What Gronk did could have ended that kid's career and altered his life forever. You don't mess with the head and neck.

I'm absolutely shocked that neither of you think this is a big deal. We know what a big deal head injuries are now. There's no excuse for that type of behavior. The Bills play the Patriots again in a few weeks. I won't blame a Bills player for going after Gronk's knee.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

A 270+ pound man dropped an elbow with the full force of his body weight into the back of the head of a player who wasn't looking and was down on the field. It was clearly after the play, it was clearly malicious, and it was clearly dirty. White had to leave the game with a concussion. And you two don't get why people are angry? I'd much rather see a fight. At least both of those guys can defend themselves. It was a disgusting move by Gronk. What Gronk did could have ended that kid's career and altered his life forever. You don't mess with the head and neck.

I'm absolutely shocked that neither of you think this is a big deal. We know what a big deal head injuries are now. There's no excuse for that type of behavior. The Bills play the Patriots again in a few weeks. I won't blame a Bills player for going after Gronk's knee.

Yep, it was pretty ridiculous. I really don't see any way to downplay it, and that's not me being biased as a Bills fan. Gronk is actually the one Patriot I actually like, but this was bad. And I love how he tried to deflect it by talking about how PI should have been called lol. C'mon, Gronk, don't try and excuse it. 

If a 270 lb DE came in and did this to a 190 lb RB 3 or 4 seconds after he had been tackled, everyone would be up in arms... Hell, we saw the uproar over Alonso's hit on Flacco, Barr and Rodgers, etc... Gronk gets a pass because 1 - He's Gronk, and 2 - He's a Patriot. He should be fined and suspended (if the league really is all about player safety), but it won't surprise me at all if nothing comes out of this. 

• Like 1

So I guess winning the Big 10 means nothing these days? PSU should have been in last year, OSU should be in this year. Pretty ridiculous that we have to have Bama in just because they're Bama. Playoffs aren't about getting the 'best' teams in, they're about getting teams in that earned it. Hell, I'd rather see USC - my most hated team in any sport - in over Bama, at least they won their conference. 

Imagine if the NFL did that. "Yeah, the Rams won the West, but we feel like Seattle, Carolina, and Atlanta are better, so they're in instead, along with the other division winners."

Why even have conference championships if they don't matter as much as being idle after losing the week before? But hey, they did beat Mercer the week before losing to Auburn. Mercer... MERCER. What a joke. 

1 hour ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

So I guess winning the Big 10 means nothing these days? PSU should have been in last year, OSU should be in this year. Pretty ridiculous that we have to have Bama in just because they're Bama. Playoffs aren't about getting the 'best' teams in, they're about getting teams in that earned it. Hell, I'd rather see USC - my most hated team in any sport - in over Bama, at least they won their conference. 

Imagine if the NFL did that. "Yeah, the Rams won the West, but we feel like Seattle, Carolina, and Atlanta are better, so they're in instead, along with the other division winners."

Why even have conference championships if they don't matter as much as being idle after losing the week before? But hey, they did beat Mercer the week before losing to Auburn. Mercer... MERCER. What a joke. 

Yeah i hate to be "that guy", but 8 would have been a better system.  Guaranteed entry for the 5 conference title winners in the power 5, and then the committee can use their magic 8 ball to pick the remaining 3.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ok, so i clearly don't care about this as much as you do.  Let me just put that out there.  So if you want to get in a big heated debate about it, just know i probably won't respond.  

I get what you're saying.  He shouldn't have done what he did.  It was bad.

But here's my thoughts.

1. What Gronk did, in terms of actual force delivered or whatever, is equivalent to just about every play in football.  He ran into him.  It's what defenders do on just about play.
  2. The concussion is unfortunate, but i think you have to remove the outcome from the incident when talking suspensions.  
  3. Suspensions should be about intent.  I know you'll probably disagree, but IMO Gronk goes into that hit thinking about his attention and to get him to stop doing whatever prompted that reaction.
    1. Sidenote - i say this because i know i've gotten heated playing sports before and delivered some hits that were over the line.  I never once made those hits thinking that i wanted to hurt the guy.  I just wanted him cut the crap out he was doing on the other end, and my temper got the better of me.
  4. If judging intent, fists swinging and choke holds are far more malicious.  Those show an intent to injure, even if you're swinging at someone with a helmet on and stand no real chance to hurt the guy.
  5. Gronk has no priors, so a suspension would surprise me.

So anyway, those are my thoughts.  Feel free to disagree, that's fine.  I've said all i wanted to say really.