What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Laughing at people who think SEC teams would struggle playing in the 40s. We’re in the 50s with 20 mph wind and almost everyone here is in shorts and/or short sleeves. Even the old ladies. Not 20 year old super humans 

After reading your first sentence, I thought you were talking about decades.

• Like 3

On 08/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sit down and write down what specifically you've been doing over the past 6 months. Include how much time you spent doing those things. Then take a look and assess honestly what you've been doing and whether you're heading in the right direction. If not, talk to your lady about it, and figure out a way to start making some changes.

If I were you, I'd see if you can start volunteering or volunteer more if you already are. It'll look good to employers as well.

Great shout man. Thank you.

On 08/12/2017 at 7:29 PM, MrDrew said:

Are you wasting your degree, using it in a different way than you expected, or pushing yourself into doing something because you have a degree in it? 

Erm. I guess it's more a combination of the second two. My degree is International Affairs, and I'd hoped to go down that route, working for the gov. But I guess I still use writing and research techniques from the course every day. I kind of would be pushing myself down that route, yeah.

On 09/12/2017 at 12:36 AM, Pats#1 said:

Got to spend 3 weeks with my Son then had to ship out for work, going to be gone for a month.

This is A LOT harder than I thought it would be. I knew I would be bummed out by leaving, but it's been 2 days, and I'm legitimately thinking about changing my job to shoreside because maybe missing some of the most important things in my son's life is driving me insane.

I mean, I don' have kids so I cannot comment with the correct level of empathy. I certainly would suggest changing a situation you dislike though, having just gone through that process. Daunting, but you end up smiling. 

• Like 1