What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

First, *saw. 

Second, *pet. 

Third, I've never gone any kind of hunting, probably never will, and I certainly never will for something I don't plan on eating, and I'd never eat a raccoon. 

Fourth, why does everybody always ask if I live in the Midwest? 

Finally, stop disparaging raccoons.  Which domesticated species of animal doesn't like attention?  Which domesticated species of animal doesn't like sleep?  Being around windows and scratch their claws is NOT something that makes it fair to compare raccoons to cats. 

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

whenever that song comes on when im driving, i immediately increase my speed by at least 20 mph

God forbid a flock of baby ducks is crossing the road when that song comes on the radio. 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

First, *saw. 

Second, *pet. 

Third, I've never gone any kind of hunting, probably never will, and I certainly never will for something I don't plan on eating, and I'd never eat a raccoon. 

Fourth, why does everybody always ask if I live in the Midwest? 

Finally, stop disparaging raccoons.  Which domesticated species of animal doesn't like attention?  Which domesticated species of animal doesn't like sleep?  Being around windows and scratch their claws is NOT something that makes it fair to compare raccoons to cats. 

Did I misspell things? I just thought maybe you did. Even the way they act when you pet them is like a cat. They also hiss, and make purring type noises. To say they “act” like a dog is pretty much out of the window. The cat thing is also used pretty loosely, it’s pretty much like saying “insert food here” tastes like chicken, while it really doesn’t taste like chicken, but once you try it you understand what they mean by the saying. 

4 minutes ago, MathMan said:

i am. its brilliant.

I’m not sure I’ll ever be convinced you aren’t a savant troll.

I haven’t seen it, but I googled it and the plot sounds epically bad and Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t like it,  it I could definitely see it being unintentionally hilarious based on the description.

Youve got me flummoxed sir, tip of the cap.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Did I misspell things?

It's not that you misspelled things, it's that you committed my two least favorite mistakes.  They're the only two things I take the time to correct here because when a word like pet gets an ed added to it, I hate the way it sounds in my head when I read it, and "seen" in the place of "saw" is like nails on a chalkboard for me.  An entire side of my family does that and no matter how many times I correct it, they can't seem to grasp it, so it's especially obnoxious to me. 

• Like 1

As far as pest animals, a quality air gun will solve that problem pretty easily.

Even easier, and cheaper, might be buying some coyote urine (at a sporting goods retailer) and dumping it around your yard if you don’t want to go full John Rambo on varmints.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

"seen" in the place of "saw" is like nails on a chalkboard for me.  An entire side of my family does that and no matter how many times I correct it, they can't seem to grasp it, so it's especially obnoxious to me. 

Midwesterner confirmed.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Midwesterner confirmed.

I'm mad that you're right.  I've lived all over the country, but I'll always be a Midwesterner. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's not that you misspelled things, it's that you committed my two least favorite mistakes.  They're the only two things I take the time to correct here because when a word like pet gets an ed added to it, I hate the way it sounds in my head when I read it, and "seen" in the place of "saw" is like nails on a chalkboard for me.  An entire side of my family does that and no matter how many times I correct it, they can't seem to grasp it, so it's especially obnoxious to me. 

Haha well I actually don’t mind when people correct me on things like that because when I see something funny, or say it out loud and it sounds weird or bothers me I also tend to correct people on it. I am not very good at grammar or spelling, but corrections are nice and I tend to remember some of the things people say.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Haha well I actually don’t mind when people correct me on things like that because when I see something funny, or say it out loud and it sounds weird or bothers me I also tend to correct people on it. I am not very good at grammar or spelling, but corrections are nice and I tend to remember some of the things people say.

You're one of the good ones.  I hate when people get all butt hurt about me correcting their grammar. 

It's like, hey, I'm trying to make you better as a person by pointing out just a little flaw you're making.

They're like, "Screw you, I want to keep being wrong in life and enjoy it."