What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Glad you recognize this.

You are going to say (type) with straight face (hands) that raising a child from birth to toddlerhood is an equal burden on both parents? That was your experience?

Edited by cddolphin

Just now, cddolphin said:

You are going to say (type) with straight face (hands) that raising a child from birth to toddlerhood is an equal burden on both parents? That was your experience?

Yep. Then again, I'm an awesome father.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I can type you with straight hand that it would be easier as an equal burden but when you're the dad doing literally everything all the time it gets pretty sour at times 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

It sounds like if you just have the 2nd one first, you’ve got an extra set of hands when it comes time to finally have your first 

This is true, if it wasn't for pesky mathmatics.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hey so there's this new app/website where you can pay a mid level celeb to give you a personal video shoutout and tell them what you want them to say and you'll never guess who I spotted on the list. LENDALE WHITE! Do it broooo!

• Like 2

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Post pics of your chewed up nips or GTFO with that self-important silliness... I'm sure your wife was super stoked and thankful for your presence every step of the way but tell her to her face that your burden was equal to hers when she was waking up to feed every few hours, after incubating the thing for 9 months and going through permanent physiological changes... be sure to record it so you can put it on YouTube afterwards, her incredulity should be amusing.

Not downplaying the father's role here but let's call a spade a spade.

Just now, Tyty said:

I can type you with straight hand that it would be easier as an equal burden but when you're the dad doing literally everything all the time it gets pretty sour at times 

Same goes for the mom. You leave it on her shoulders, you'll have a very upset mommy with a kid who despises you because mommy despises you. 

If that's the legacy you want to leave behind, have at it.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This is true, if it wasn't for pesky mathmatics.

I love the logic behind it tho. One time when my baby mama was pregnant with our first a worker at long john silvers asked if it was our second lol. Who asks if a kid is someone's second if they don't even have a child with them. 

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

That's crappy for whichever parent gets stuck with the unfair workload, tbh, most of the time it's the mother though.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Same goes for the mom. You leave it on her shoulders, you'll have a very upset mommy with a kid who despises you because mommy despises you. 

Well duh, it's not an all-or nothing proposition, but during infancy there are some things the father simply isn't capable of taking off mom's plate.

Edited by cddolphin

Just now, cddolphin said:

Post pics of your chewed up nips or GTFO with that self-important silliness

We bottle fed. Long story, rather not go into it.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I'm sure your wife was super stoked and thankful for your presence every step of the way but tell her to her face that your burden was equal to hers when she was waking up to feed every few hours, after incubating the thing for 9 months and going through permanent physiological changes... be sure to record it so you can put it on YouTube afterwards, her incredulity should be amusing.

Not downplaying the father's role here but let's call a spade a spade.

These are fair points (save for the feeding, see above) and I wouldn't say it was equal - but my expectation was that I was equal going into it, and I was going everything I could to meet that expectation.

If you go into a pregnancy thinking "Oh, well she's gonna take on the brunt of the action, I just need to keep meat on the table," you're gonna have a rough time.

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Hey so there's this new app/website where you can pay a mid level celeb to give you a personal video shoutout and tell them what you want them to say and you'll never guess who I spotted on the list. LENDALE WHITE! Do it broooo!

I need a link, stat.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well duh, it's not an all-or nothing proposition, but during infancy there are some things the father simply isn't capable of taking off mom's plate.

If feeding is your definition of "heavy lifting" then you're vastly underestimating the effort involved.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

If you go into a pregnancy thinking "Oh, well she's gonna take on the brunt of the action, I just need to keep meat on the table," you're gonna have a rough time.

I agree and that's not what I was saying, maybe it came off that way, just that the first couple years may not be a clean 50-50 split simply due to biology and whatnot.