What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'll have to check this out - I've seen the 30 for 30 on Ric Flair and the HBO documentary on Andre the Giant, and I got so nostalgic on it, was some great stuff.

It used to be on Netflix, but after the WWE launched their own channel/whatever, it's all on there now, so you probably can't find it without their membership.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

C'mon now, I'm from Texas - about a 30 minute drive from Victoria. We all knew the Rattlesnake. 

"You could read your Bible, you could read John 3:16 - Austin 3:16 says, I just whipped yet ***!"

"I'm the best wrestler in the WWE, but even I'd have to admit that Goldberg or Sting would absolutely beat me. Also, Brett Hart is the most boring there was, the most boring there is, and the most boring there ever will be."

~Stone Cold (in my 6th grade mind)

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I remember all of the middle school/high school debates over who would win, Stone Cold or Goldberg. Basically, it turned into a pseudo WCW vs. WWE fan arguing point. To this day, no one will convince me that Goldberg, in his prime, wouldn't have given Stone Cold the Jackhammer. Granted, STING would beat both of them anyway.

Until Nash beats them all after Hall tasered Sting/Goldberg/Austin.

The Streak Killer...

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiL3_QlCRZDvsU5iKfagx

I think that was the final straw for me. I was really little and my first duo that I became a huge fan of was HBK and Diesel (and they probably are my favorite wrestlers as well, though they're clearly not the best ) , and then seeing them try to grasp at this with the NWO for nothing more than nostalgic reasons just pissed me off to no end.

HBK "clearly not the best"? Every year during HOF speeches, someone will mention a feud with HBK and call him the greatest ever. Jeff Jarrett this year said he was the Brady or Jordan of wrestling so was his fav feud.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Until Nash beats them all after Hall tasered Sting/Goldberg/Austin.

The Streak Killer...

I'm not ready to talk about this yet. I'm still angry/upset. It literally killed my love for wrestling. I came back and watched some of it in the mid 2000s and it just wasn't the same. It was like after the Browns moved to Baltimore and came back again in '99.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

HBK "clearly not the best"? Every year during HOF speeches, someone will mention a feud with HBK and call him the greatest ever. Jeff Jarrett this year said he was the Brady or Jordan of wrestling so was his fav feud.

I think that he's talking about the Diesel/HBK duo, not about HBK as the best/not the best.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I remember all of the middle school/high school debates over who would win, Stone Cold or Goldberg. Basically, it turned into a pseudo WCW vs. WWE fan arguing point. To this day, no one will convince me that Goldberg, in his prime, wouldn't have given Stone Cold the Jackhammer. Granted, STING would beat both of them anyway.

None of these men could withstand the most powerful force in the universe...

e6A07zm.gif

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Best duo ever, as MWil23 said. Diesel's character was rather muted for too long as the bodyguard persona. I'm biased and HBK is my favorite of all time. Of course he is the GOAT.  lol

Now if it had been an HBK and Big Sexy duo, they had attitude and charisma for days and played their roles perfectly.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not ready to talk about this yet. I'm still angry/upset. It literally killed my love for wrestling. I came back and watched some of it in the mid 2000s and it just wasn't the same. It was like after the Browns moved to Baltimore and came back again in '99.

I was braced for it. WCW didn't have the most creative writing so Nash killing Wrath's considerable winning streak and the hype on Goldberg's undefeated streak just made it seem too obvious that it was nearing an end. Just seemed too easy to pick Nash to win it. I wish it would have been at least a more dramatic "honorable" win, rather than a petty act to manufacture drama. Those two played off each other really well, they could have had it be a much better finish.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"I'm the best wrestler in the WWE, but even I'd have to admit that Goldberg or Sting would absolutely beat me. Also, Brett Hart is the most boring there was, the most boring there is, and the most boring there ever will be."

~Stone Cold (in my 6th grade mind)

This is all I hear when I think of Austin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

None of these men could withstand the most powerful force in the universe...

e6A07zm.gif

You just wait. He's going to break into the adult film industry full time since his time in wrestling has come, his finisher will be the "Third Leg Drop." The python in question is likely not anywhere near 24" though...

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

You just wait. He's going to break into the adult film industry full time since his time in wrestling has come, his finisher will be the "Third Leg Drop." The python in question is likely not anywhere near 24" though...

Ironically, he was the most "normal" of his family... I could totally see his ex-wife go this route now that the Thunder Mixer money is all dried up.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:27 AM, PapaShogun said:

"Hi, I'm your current tenant. Me and my husband moved into your house nearly two years ago after our daughter was born. We've always taken care of your home, and taken care of any maintenance issues ourselves. Unfortunately there was a couple of miscommunications incidents with getting the rent to you through your first property manager. Since that time, we've tried inquiring to her before if there were ways to send money directly to you like (that information was not communicated to me) direct deposit, or Zelle via Wells Fargo. With the recent property management change we feel like we've been harassed from the start. Today we got a notice of entry stating that we've been uncooperative, and thatthe owners are unhappy. Not sure why the sudden need for an inspection, but my husband is really busy traveling for work recently, and I have my hands full with a toddler. We have never done anything wrong and do not understand the need to go to the extremes of serving us with this notice of entry. We loved your unit, and had been very happy raising my little girl here. But now we longer feel that way. If you and your husband are truly unhappy due to any of our actions, we apologize. But with your new management in place, we are unlikely to renew the lease at the end of the contract. Also, if the notice of entry must be enforced I would like to kindly ask for an extension to a time when my husband can be home with me. Thank you.

1) Having tenants take care of maintenance issues "themselves" is a great way for things to break, and there's plenty of preventative maintenance I'm sure they're overlooking. Have the drain lines been snaked? Has freon been added to the A/C system lately? There's all kinds of seemingly inconsequential stuff that should be done annually.

2) I sincerely doubt the wording was that harsh, ask for a copy of the notice, if they're a "highly rated" PM company they keep a copy of all written notices and the wording would be professional (if maybe cold).

3) It's rental not their castle. If they are unhappy they have a right to leave at the end of the lease, and if they want to change their mind in the next 2 months instead of facing the stress and cost of moving (likely) I'm sure you'd let them

I would forward the email to the management company, request any copies of whatever you might want, but set the precedent of the managment company dealing with complaints/tenant issues/re-renting the unit. That's what you're paying them for, right? If tenants know they can go over management's head to the owner they will do it every time.

On 5/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, MathMan said:

@PapaShogun 2 things.

1. you need to tell the other property manager to be less severe. 

2. you need to have the inspection. it feels like they are worried about failing the inspection. 

allow them to pick a good time in the next couple weeks for the inspection to give them a chance to clean up the place nice.

Agree with this

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ironically, he was the most "normal" of his family... I could totally see his ex-wife go this route now that the Thunder Mixer money is all dried up.

I never followed them much, I laughed at how the ex wife once said "Where do I go now? How can I start over?" when she was in her 50's.

Apparently banging a guy under half your age gets the kickstart going? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I never followed them much, I laughed at how the ex wife once said "Where do I go now? How can I start over?" when she was in her 50's.

Apparently banging a guy under half your age gets the kickstart going? lol

It was my first and 2nd to last foray into reality TV (Ozzy Osbourn and his clan were the last, and probably funniest).

Linda was a hot mess. Just a hot mess. Terry is lucky he ain't with her.

• Like 1