What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Doughnut is the way to spell it.

Minneapolis/St. Paul are doing some major road construction that is going to take a long time, as in 3 years because of our wonderful winters, and it's going to make getting around the city suck. It's finally gotten quite annoying for me. The thing with it, though, is that if they weren't doing it all at once instead of being terrible for 3 years (or less), it would be very bad for a decade, so really, this is better, but it's going to be rough for a little bit. Already trying to figure out how to adjust my work schedule, which is flexible hours wise, so that I can avoid some of the traffic back ups. For those from the Twin Cities area, I'm going South Minneapolis to Plymouth, so it's the 94 west stretch of road south of Downtown Minneapolis.

16 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Doughnut is the way to spell it.

Minneapolis/St. Paul are doing some major road construction that is going to take a long time, as in 3 years because of our wonderful winters, and it's going to make getting around the city suck. It's finally gotten quite annoying for me. The thing with it, though, is that if they weren't doing it all at once instead of being terrible for 3 years (or less), it would be very bad for a decade, so really, this is better, but it's going to be rough for a little bit. Already trying to figure out how to adjust my work schedule, which is flexible hours wise, so that I can avoid some of the traffic back ups. For those from the Twin Cities area, I'm going South Minneapolis to Plymouth, so it's the 94 west stretch of road south of Downtown Minneapolis.

Every road downtown is under construction too. My bus still gets me to and from work on time though. *shrug*

Edited by skywindO2

Usually I gesture towards the Washington Crossing the Delaware meme when my kids talk about how the Vietcong didn't fight fair, or questioning various other "freedom fighters". The British weren't exactly thrilled with us hiding in trees and killing their officers either...I'm not sure why.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

I have the following proudly displayed in my history classroom here:

americans-willing-to-cross-a-frozen-rive

And all of England can **** right off with this colour, analyse, centre nonsense. I will not be lectured on how to spell donut by someone who thinks leukemia should be spelled leukaemia.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And all of England can **** right off with this colour, analyse, centre nonsense. I will not be lectured on how to spell donut by someone who thinks leukemia should be spelled leukaemia.

Don't even get me started on "chips". 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Usually I gesture towards the Washington Crossing the Delaware meme when my kids talk about how the Vietcong didn't fight fair, or questioning various other "freedom fighters". The British weren't exactly thrilled with us hiding in trees and killing their officers either...I'm not sure why.

Oh, the innocence of youth..

Just now, cddolphin said:

Oh, the innocence of youth..

The sad thing is when I reference the IRA and the movie "The Devil's Own", they have no idea what I'm talking about. It makes me feel old. I made a Mighty Ducks reference this year and like 2 out of 28 kids got it.

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The sad thing is when I reference the IRA and the movie "The Devil's Own", they have no idea what I'm talking about. It makes me feel old. I made a Mighty Ducks reference this year and like 2 out of 28 kids got it.

Time to euthanize our kids if that's the case. There's no hope for them. If you don't know what the Flying V is at that point in your life, you're a waste of oxygen.

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We're doomed. 

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Time to euthanize our kids if that's the case. There's no hope for them. If you don't know what the Flying V is at that point in your life, you're a waste of oxygen.

I mean, the Hawks' coach is the most smug movie coach ever arguably:

reilly.gif?w=1000

giphy.gif

2gXJ.gif

reilly1.gif