What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

13 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Do people who don't play the game watch it? I feel like most people who do play don't even understand whats going on.

I haven't played it in a long time and I still like following the pro-scene but that's still quite different than having never played it.

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We had our slow pitch softball league start today, play every Thursday. I was amazed, we already have 3 guys injured.

How the hell are you not able to even be in shape for slow pitch?!

So far this season. Inning ended. We were going to the dugout. Center fielder was jogging in. Tripped over 2nd base. And snapped his collarbone face planting into the dirt.

We even lost our 1st baseman due to him a 280lb beer bellied guy doing a split to catch a throw while touching the base. Tore something in his groin.

We always have injuries too. And Im on a Fire Dept squad. Figure theyd be in decent shape, but being in shape doesnt make up for the amount of beers chugged before and during.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So far this season. Inning ended. We were going to the dugout. Center fielder was jogging in. Tripped over 2nd base. And snapped his collarbone face planting into the dirt.

We even lost our 1st baseman due to him a 280lb beer bellied guy doing a split to catch a throw while touching the base. Tore something in his groin.

We always have injuries too. And Im on a Fire Dept squad. Figure theyd be in decent shape, but being in shape doesnt make up for the amount of beers chugged before and during.

Wow. We just had two get hurt swinging and one hurt his elbow throwing in from LF. Switched LF and 1st and he was fine so far. Just underhand tosses the ball back to the pitcher.

Maybe I'm just used to being the "young group." My team is me, my brother, and basically the core of our varsity team back in 2005. We started it and most of us were 16-17 years old, and my brother was the only adult so he became the player/coach. Really only had 3 changes in the roster I can think of and we just stuck it out. Might get an injury or two a year from a collision or a bad dive or slide, never had 3 non-contact injuries in one game before though. We still are the young guys, most of us are 29-31 besides my brother who is at 40.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We had our slow pitch softball league start today, play every Thursday. I was amazed, we already have 3 guys injured.

How the hell are you not able to even be in shape for slow pitch?!

Never had that with our teams.  It's like you said in your last post - a few things here or there, but injuries are rare.  I think in the 7 years we've been playing, we've had 2 injuries that resulted in games lost from our core team.  One a severely sprained ankle on a slide, and another a broken hand while slide/diving for a ball.  A few subs that got hurt, but that's a little different.

Maybe you just go harder than the norm?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Never had that with our teams.  It's like you said in your last post - a few things here or there, but injuries are rare.  I think in the 7 years we've been playing, we've had 2 injuries that resulted in games lost from our core team.  One a severely sprained ankle on a slide, and another a broken hand while slide/diving for a ball.  A few subs that got hurt, but that's a little different.

Maybe you just go harder than the norm?

We do take it a bit more serious than the rest, we each put in $20 at the beginning of the season and add $1 per game. Ends with almost $300 to spread out as rewards for MVP, Golden Glove, Wife of the Year (most dependable stat-keeper) etc. Then the person who had the worst game statistically buys everyone a round each week too, but that only happens if you had a pretty mediocre game. If the worst guy goes 3-6 with no fielding errors, they aren't paying for anything but their own.

Still, it was just a weird game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Any recommendations on getting Disney World tickets for about 14 people? Trying to find out where to get the best price

Make sure 4-5 of them are military, and buy the tickets on base/post.

If not, Disney does group rates. You probably have to call/email to get the prices though. 

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You can’t write it better than that. Wish I had been there to see it.