Compare 2018 NFL Draft with the 2019 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bradley Chubb would be a Mid-Late 1st rounder in 2019

Not sure I agree with that, sure I would take Oliver, Bosa, Davis, Gary, Lawrence and possibly Wilkins but at this moment probably not Ferrell over Chubb, but all of these guys might be top 10 picks in 2019.  Middle of the draft would be 16-32 and doubt Chubb would fall that far even in this group.  Reality is in 2019 guys like Darnold, Rosen, Allen and maybe even Lamar Jackson would be lock 1st pick overall if they came back to school.  Maybe not Lamar Jackson but those other three no question would be in the current QB class that is out there for 2019.

But ultimately it does not really matter which class is better.  Clearly the DL talent in 2019 is where it is at, which is great compared to all QB talk all the time...

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not sure I agree with that, sure I would take Oliver, Bosa, Davis, Gary, Lawrence and possibly Wilkins but at this moment probably not Ferrell over Chubb, but all of these guys might be top 10 picks in 2019.  Middle of the draft would be 16-32 and doubt Chubb would fall that far even in this group.  Reality is in 2019 guys like Darnold, Rosen, Allen and maybe even Lamar Jackson would be lock 1st pick overall if they came back to school.  Maybe not Lamar Jackson but those other three no question would be in the current QB class that is out there for 2019.

But ultimately it does not really matter which class is better.  Clearly the DL talent in 2019 is where it is at, which is great compared to all QB talk all the time...

That's fine, I see Chubb as the best of an extremely average class. Going against an HOF caliber DL group would be tough for him. For example, How would he compare to Rashan Gary who would probably be at the tail end of the elite prospects? He wouldn't certainly won't test better than Gary and I still think Gary is better and he's projected 10-15 and that doesn't count and emerging stud like a Joe Johnson or Brian Burns. We will see

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's fine, I see Chubb as the best of an extremely average class. Going against an HOF caliber DL group would be tough for him. For example, How would he compare to Rashan Gary who would probably be at the tail end of the elite prospects? He wouldn't certainly won't test better than Gary and I still think Gary is better and he's projected 10-15 and that doesn't count and emerging stud like a Joe Johnson or Brian Burns. We will see

Chubb is built like a brick **** house.  Kid is thick and strong and was very productive last year and the years before.  To me he is better than guys like Brian Burns and Joe Jackson because he is stronger at the point of attack and stronger in general.  Joe Jackson is who I assume you are speaking of, he is a good player but I still need to see a ton more in terms of power from him to consider him a top flight 1st rounder.  He is not that strong at the point of attack and same can be said for Brian Burns.  I think Burns disappointed last year when people paid a lot more attention to him, he was not able to get free as easily and make as much of an impact as he did as a freshman.  Both are athletic rushers and maybe they will come into their own this year but to me there is still some things missing in their game.  And Burns to me is more of a OLB because not sure he could hold the point of attack all that well, when compare that to Chubb could can totally hold his own against the run, even if he is playing a 3/4 OLB in Denver, kid could easily be in a 4/3 and arguably would be better in one.

Yes I would take Rashan Gary over Chubb all day long.  And I agree yes Chubb is the best of an average DE class in 2018, but that does not mean Chubb is not better than a lot of DEs in the 2019 class potentially.  Sure he is not top 5 DLs but that is fine.  Again it would be hard to take Ferrell as a pure DE over Chubb.  And Zach Allen who I like a lot, I would take Chubb over him as well.  

I just think if put in the class Chubb could compete with some of the top DEs, sure he is not near the best, no way but he is better than some of them.  Heck could argue I would take Marcus Davenport over Joe Jackson or Brian Burns potentially.  Jaylon Ferguson is one few talk about in this up coming class, but that kid is long and can get to the QB and has done so for a long time, I think he could maybe be a 1st rounder with a great year.

This is the year for the Hog Mollies and in the PURRFECT world, Wisconsin takes on Clemson for the title, pitting a Badgers offensive line that features as many as five first rounders vs. the Tigers DL that has the entire first unit likely walking across the podium. Jonathan Taylor might be the best back UW has ever produced, they have a Devin McCourty SS in D'Cota Dixon, a vastly underrated ILB in Ryan Connelly and the best blocking TE in college in Zach Neuville. Clemson's achilles heel could be the QB, as Bryant almost lost his job in fall camp.

There is no "I gotta have" quarterback in this draft class, but watch several "who are theys" to emerge. Much like the characters from the Wizard of Oz, oh, if Stanford only had a QB! JJ Arcega-Whiteside has more potential than any SE in college and if they ever realize that their tight ends can catch, Kaden Smith is the Pac-12's best TE since Gronk. Do a google search on Smith-kid has the Guiness record - caught 48 passes in one minute - with one hand. You'd think they would get him the ball more than 23 times like they did in 2017.

The RBs are shaping up to be Bryce Love & crowd, but guys, check out Maryland's Ty Johnson. To date, he's averaging 42.61 yards per TD run. No, not a typo guys, and girls. He runs a 4.28, is only 5;09, but has never fumbled or dropped the ball as a KOR, WR & RB in HS or college. Of my top 15 prospects, 13 are linemen, but I'm not sold on Oliver as the top boy, more so think Nick Bosa is the stud muffin in his family. No knock on Oliver, but the Aaron Donald comparison are ridiculous. I keep seeing more Kelly Gregg in him that the Rams standout. Keep an eye on Rashard Gary at Michigan though, as he has tremendous edge skills & when he rotates to the 3-tech, well, let's just say he is a master at block "destruction."

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Scout's Honor said:

, but I'm not sold on Oliver as the top boy, more so think Nick Bosa is the stud muffin in his family. No knock on Oliver, but the Aaron Donald comparison are ridiculous. I keep seeing more Kelly Gregg in him that the Rams standout. Keep an eye on Rashard Gary at Michigan though, as he has tremendous edge skills & when he rotates to the 3-tech, well, let's just say he is a master at block "destruction."

Bruh, I have no issue with you not being sold but Kelly Gregg????????? That may be the funnier things you will hear all year. If you know football, you know he plays a 2 gap nose (which is dumb) and projects as a 1 gap tackle, so he won't make as many splash plays than he would do in a 1 gap scheme. Also where were Gary's "tremendous edge skills" against ND? Gary like all Michigan prospects get way overhyped.

220px-Kelly_Gregg.JPG

Archived