The Man, The Mouth, The Legend

pwny

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think this will eventually run thin with the Jags team and fans. But for now enjoy the fun. 

Any reason why you think this will rum thin with us?

I’m not really sure why it would grate on fans or the team. He’s completely committed to winning games and being a good teammate. He’s not out there trashing teammates or making me first comments like T.O., and he doesn’t seem to have it in him to mail in his efforts the way Moss did for you guys. He’s just a trash talker who likes getting in opponents’ heads and working them and will go to bat for those close to him. It’s like Steve Smith, but he’s never sucker punched a teammate in a meeting.

This kinda thing is prevalent in the NBA, so I’m not really sure how or why fans are terrified of “bulletin board material” either.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Any reason why you think this will rum thin with us?

I’m not really sure why it would grate on fans or the team. He’s completely committed to winning games and being a good teammate. He’s not out there trashing teammates or making me first comments like T.O., and he doesn’t seem to have it in him to mail in his efforts the way Moss did for you guys. He’s just a trash talker who likes getting in opponents’ heads and working them and will go to bat for those close to him. It’s like Steve Smith, but he’s never sucker punched a teammate in a meeting.

This kinda thing is prevalent in the NBA, so I’m not really sure how or why fans are terrified of “bulletin board material” either.

With age, when the athleticism to back it up starts fading...it'll definitely start wearing very thin at that point.  If he's still here.  But that would mean he's been here right through his whole prime, which would be an alright tradeoff i think.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

With age, when the athleticism to back it up starts fading...it'll definitely start wearing very thin at that point.  If he's still here.  But that would mean he's been here right through his whole prime, which would be an alright tradeoff i think.

These types usually know how to tone it down as they get older. Deion wasn’t behaving like Primetime when he was on the Ravens. Richard Sherman isn’t running to get in Brady’s face anymore. Cortland Finnegan toned it down after his stint with the Rams. 

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

These types usually know how to tone it down as they get older. Deion wasn’t behaving like Primetime when he was on the Ravens. Richard Sherman isn’t running to get in Brady’s face anymore. Cortland Finnegan toned it down after his stint with the Rams. 

Maybe.  Some of them don't though.  And if Jalen is still talking the talk he is today when he can't walk the walk anymore, it definitely will wear thin on everybody.

But really, i don't seem to love Jalens trash talk nearly as much as most fans seem to in the first place.  I love the swagger, the attitude he brings and the tone he sets for our defense...but personally, i'm more partial to a quiet confidence tbh.  I don't really have an issue with it now, but if his play ever does start to dip below that "possibly the best CB in the league" level...it's going to get kinda annoying.

*edit:  I should clarify...i'm talking about the media trash talk.  idgaf what he says on the field.

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He has a chance to be one of the best corners ever and the best Jaguar' ever.

Not going to ever run thin for me. When you are that good, talk as much as you want. Love that it's getting us more exposure and giving us a villain role like it is. About damn time we aren't an afterthought of an organization. 

Archived