Preseason week 4 - Jags @ Bucs

ravishingone

The 4 th preseason games are pretty dreadful.  Apparently it is streaming live on the Bucs website.  A couple of interesting nuggets for tonight s games.

What s the deal with Noah Spence?  Gholston and Clarke were ahead of him in the rotation last game.  Is he too bulked up?  He s not getting cut, but the coaching staff is sending him a message.

Oline - I think Wester plays, which is encouraging.  Besides all the current injuries, Dotson to play 16 games, probably isn't going to happen.  Having Wester play well with Liedkte already securing his spot would be a major boost.  

Worthy at DT- He flashed against the Lions.  He s young and big.  With all the injuries, he has a chance to win a roster spot.

Wilson at RB- I like the versatility.  He may eventually be the 3rd down back.  Would like to see him tote the rock some more.

I expect Wilson to get a ton of reps on offense. We know what he can do returning kicks. Also. Fun fact: he had three returns of 30+ yards last week. We had TWO all last season. Dude's a lock to make the roster. I hope he impresses carrying/catching the ball.

I think Worthy has a real shot to make the roster.  It s going to be hard to carry Unrein on the 53 man roster in concussion protocol with his history.  They may put him on PUP to start the season.  They could use another big body NT behind Allen considering they were keeping Vea as the back up to GMC.  It s going to be tough holding up inside if Gholston has to take a lot of snaps next to GMC.  

Archived