Khalil Mack

pnies20

I’m optimistic that we get a deal done. I think Grudens dumb benough to let him walk. 

Will it take our first? Maybe less because of contract demands? Will Mack be open to signing a contract here?

CLE: Khalil Mack

OAK: Emmanuel Ogbah, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I just can’t see us giving up our first. Dorsey ain’t doin that.

If Dorsey is too dumb to give up a 1st for a guy who is arguably the most disruptive force in the NFL (aside from perhaps Donald) at only 27 years of age for a probable mid tier 1st rounder who is more likely to be an average NFL starter, than he's dumber than he looks, which is saying something. The Raiders aren't taking less than at least a 1st and a proven quality player as well.

They’ve asked for “at least two 1s”.

Usually that means you can strike a deal for something a bit less than that, but if we can find ground and sign him to a long term deal, we really need to make a move.

Our drafting is basically a shot in the dark at best, anyway.

If we use some of those picks to get the DPOY, I’m absolutely cool with that.

Myles Garrett and Khalil Mack?

That’s the fastest route to the playoffs and more that we have available.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So 3 years max for Mack being here? Probably not worth giving up all that much.

I’d say 4-5 years. We will pick up Garrett’s 5th year option and after that franchise him. And we’d still have plenty of money left over since we still won’t have a QB to pay big money to since baker will still be on his rookie deal, hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d say 4-5 years. We will pick up Garrett’s 5th year option and after that franchise him. And we’d still have plenty of money left over since we still won’t have a QB to pay big money to since baker will still be on his rookie deal, hopefully. 

Well the franchise tag will still probably be close to 20 with the average of the top 3 at that position. You also have a chance at angering Garrett. I wouldn't be opposed to Mack but I think you have to look at future financial plans very carefully and make his contract movable after 3 years.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the franchise tag will still probably be close to 20 with the average of the top 3 at that position. You also have a chance at angering Garrett. I wouldn't be opposed to Mack but I think you have to look at future financial plans very carefully and make his contract movable after 3 years.

I don’t think you should worry about 5 years down the line. That’s an eternity in football years. You can turn a team around in 2 years. Look at the eagles. So the window if very short. I’d give up a first for a chance to compete for 4-5 years. Plus we will have a lot of other guys off the books by now and the cap will be much higher than it is now. 

Archived