Khalil Mack

pnies20

45 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We can't really afford him unless we pay 50% of his salary for next year this year.

Over the cap has with 20 million in cpa next year. 

It mortgages us to both Baker and Khalil, no chance to resign Tyrod. 

Why do we have to worry about the cap?  We’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise quarterback, we’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise left tackle, and we’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise defense of player. 

All the players who might be worth a huge contract is on the first or second year of the rookie contract by the time they need extensions,  Mack Will probably be at the point of renegotiating his contract to free up more money for himself and the team.   Potentially  in the next three years we will see Pittsburgh Cincinnati in Baltimor Pittsburgh Cincinnati and  Baltimore breaking in a new QBs. Garrett and Mack Could just feast on that and inexperience

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why do we have to worry about the cap?  We’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise quarterback, we’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise left tackle, and we’re not saving space to re-sign a franchise defense of player. 

All the players who might be worth a huge contract is on the first or second year of the rookie contract by the time they need extensions,  Mack Will probably be at the point of renegotiating his contract to free up more money for himself and the team.   Potentially  in the next three years we will see Pittsburgh Cincinnati in Baltimor Pittsburgh Cincinnati and  Baltimore breaking in a new QBs. Garrett and Mack Could just feast on that and inexperience

20 million in cap next year. Mack would take it all. That is why we have to be concerned. 

Where are you getting that we will only have 20 mil next year? We have like 50+ now and no huge extensions i can think of. Collins is probably gone after next season anyway so i'm not worried about his deal. We won't re-sign Taylor and will have Mayfield on his rookie deal for 3 more years. The Mack contract is of zero concern to me. He likely plays here 4-5 years and then he's done. Front load the **** out of that.

Some of you have said our 1, the NE 3 and maybe a player. Sign me up for that right now. 

My only question is can Ogbah play inside? Or is he going to be a rotational guy for the near future?

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

20 million in cap next year. Mack would take it all. That is why we have to be concerned. 

Collins has an out after the year. So if he sucks he can be let go and save $10m. Other contracts can be easy as well if they suck this upcoming season. 

If a potential cap issues is the only draw back from getting Mack, sign me up because the browns would have a core that would make this team a playoff team IMO. Cap issues just means the browns have talent for once and talent worth paying. 

56 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Where are you getting that we will only have 20 mil next year? We have like 50+ now and no huge extensions i can think of. Collins is probably gone after next season anyway so i'm not worried about his deal. We won't re-sign Taylor and will have Mayfield on his rookie deal for 3 more years. The Mack contract is of zero concern to me. He likely plays here 4-5 years and then he's done. Front load the **** out of that.

Some of you have said our 1, the NE 3 and maybe a player. Sign me up for that right now. 

My only question is can Ogbah play inside? Or is he going to be a rotational guy for the near future?

Ogbah would be a situational inside player. I don’t think he could play that full time. Still he be a great player to bring i when you bump Garrett inside or if Williams comes up with crazy schemes. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ogbah would be a situational inside player. I don’t think he could play that full time. Still he be a great player to bring i when you bump Garrett inside or if Williams comes up with crazy schemes. 

Imagine the pass rush you can create on passing downs with a mixture of Garrett, Mack, Ogbah, Collins, Avery and one of the DT's.  My god man.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Not worth it man... think of the cap. 

This has to be a joke right? Yeah why would we want to have one of the best defenses in the league and actually have a chance to compete for once??  We have 60M in cap space and no one to pay for years to come. But let’s just keep letting that money sit there. 

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This has to be a joke right? Yeah why would we want to have one of the best defenses in the league and actually have a chance to compete for once??  We have 60M in cap space and no one to pay for years to come. But let’s just keep letting that money sit there. 

It is a joke lol mocking Kiwi

I'd much prefer we go after Aaron Donald. Our DEs are fine. Ogbah has been playing great. He's no Garrett but anyone who lives and breaths football would see that Myles Garrett is only getting the finishes he has been getting because the QB has had absolutely no where to step up. I have heard complaints about Larry Ogunjobi, Jamie Meder, Chris Smith and Emmanuel Ogbah. I have even seen from one delusional poster that Caleb Brantley shouldn't make the 53. I honestly don't know what you people expect. No everyone is going to get a stat every time they blow up a play. Larry Ogunjobi has blown up a half dozen plays by himself this year where he didn't even get an assist on the stat sheet. Who cares? If it wasn't for his disruption they play never happens. The same can be said for Emmanuel Ogbah. Dude has been collapsing the other side of the pocket very well. He has obscured the throwing lanes and vison of the QB and prevented any escape route a QB be looking for when Garrett is coming in hot. Even Jamie Meder as much unwarranted crap he takes has been crushing the interior. Is he winning 1v1 in spectacular fashion? No. Does he have pass rush skill? No but he pushes the middle of the pocket backward and the QB has no where to step up to throw.

We have other holes to fill. If we got a bargain deal  by all means Mack would be a great addition but for now unless it is a stud LT, #2CB or 3Tech then I say no thanks,

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'd much prefer we go after Aaron Donald. Our DEs are fine. Ogbah has been playing great. He's no Garrett but anyone who lives and breaths football would see that Myles Garrett is only getting the finishes he has been getting because the QB has had absolutely no where to step up. I have heard complaints about Larry Ogunjobi, Jamie Meder, Chris Smith and Emmanuel Ogbah. I have even seen from one delusional poster that Caleb Brantley shouldn't make the 53. I honestly don't know what you people expect. No everyone is going to get a stat every time they blow up a play. Larry Ogunjobi has blown up a half dozen plays by himself this year where he didn't even get an assist on the stat sheet. Who cares? If it wasn't for his disruption they play never happens. The same can be said for Emmanuel Ogbah. Dude has been collapsing the other side of the pocket very well. He has obscured the throwing lanes and vison of the QB and prevented any escape route a QB be looking for when Garrett is coming in hot. Even Jamie Meder as much unwarranted crap he takes has been crushing the interior. Is he winning 1v1 in spectacular fashion? No. Does he have pass rush skill? No but he pushes the middle of the pocket backward and the QB has no where to step up to throw.

We have other holes to fill. If we got a bargain deal  by all means Mack would be a great addition but for now unless it is a stud LT, #2CB or 3Tech then I say no thanks,

getting Mack greatly reduces the new for a top tier 3Tech or #2 DB. Whoever is playing inside of Mack and Garrett is going to see easy blocking schemes. You will eitehr force one on one blocks for Garrett/Mack or force a OC to use a TE more in chipping and help blocking, which takes them out of the pass game. Could really help slow down TEs but forcing them to block for a little bit before they release. DB #2, will see a QB not feeling comfortable in the pocket. Which would be quicker/rushed passes and less likely calling plays asking for drawn out routes. So getting a player like Mack can greatly improve the defense

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

getting Mack greatly reduces the new for a top tier 3Tech or #2 DB. Whoever is playing inside of Mack and Garrett is going to see easy blocking schemes. You will eitehr force one on one blocks for Garrett/Mack or force a OC to use a TE more in chipping and help blocking, which takes them out of the pass game. Could really help slow down TEs but forcing them to block for a little bit before they release. DB #2, will see a QB not feeling comfortable in the pocket. Which would be quicker/rushed passes and less likely calling plays asking for drawn out routes. So getting a player like Mack can greatly improve the defense

Not completely accurate. Mack, who leads the NFL in pressures the last 3 years, gets pressure or a sack about 15% of passing plays. That is 85% of passing plays where the #2 CB better doing a competent job.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not completely accurate. Mack, who leads the NFL in pressures the last 3 years, gets pressure or a sack about 15% of passing plays. That is 85% of passing plays where the #2 CB better doing a competent job.

He is dictating blocking schemes and play calls. You think you are going to call pass plays where you have long developing routes, routes that would work over less skilled DBs by more skilled WRs. If Mack isn’t getting credit for pressure then the offense is throwing quicker or running simplistic schemes. Or they are using TEs or RBs to help, which would free up another backer into coverage, allowing for brackets on a WR or tougher zone coverage.  Also think about this. Say Garrett is the same way. Now the defense is getting 30% pressure on the QB from just the DEs. So instead of just relying on Garrett, the #2 DB is getting help by Mack. helping out when Garrett doesn’t get to the QB or pressure. I also imagine Mack doing more than 15% when he has a DE of Garrett’s ability across from him. Garrett has DPOY of the year potential, that will greatly help Mack and increasing his numbers you threw out. 

Archived