Khalil Mack

pnies20

I mean, for those that would worry about the cap, there are a few easy solutions:

1. Myles won't have to get paid for another few years (2-3 at the earliest), so that's not a concern.

2. If we're worried about "cap issues" if Myles does pan out, then we cut guys like Collins...not to mention the plethora of cap space that we already have.

3. We have several other guys with "walk away" type contracts in the next year or two. 

4. We won't have to pay Baker for another 4-5 years either, assuming that he pans out.

5. If we ink Mack to a 5 year deal, he'll be 32 and almost 33 and we won't have to worry about another contract with him when his runs out.

Basically, you pay both Myles and Mack.

28 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to rotate him in at 3T on passing downs.

I agree, but he'll never be a full-time DT. If we want a smaller penetrating UT, it's going to be Chad Thomas moving inside (where I do think he could actually play long-term).

If we do, on the off chance, end up with Mack, it makes a ton of sense to throw insane amounts of cash at both he and Garrett. If you have an elite pass rusher, you pay him. If you have two, you pay THEM. You would never let one of those guys walk. You'd destroy the rest of the team completely, sans QB, before letting Mack or Myles walk.

I'm fine with a large portion of the cap going to a select few players, so long as those positions are DE, CB, QB. Those are the three money positions you are always ok throwing top dollar down on. Every other position can be bargain binned if need be.

Draft Day was just a foreshadow leading to this moment... Cleveland sends 2019, 2020, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2019, 2020 2nd Round Pick to the Oakland Raiders for Khalil Mack. 

We gladly accept and good luck making the playoffs this season. You're welcome. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Draft Day was just a foreshadow leading to this moment... Cleveland sends 2019, 2020, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2019, 2020 2nd Round Pick to the Oakland Raiders for Khalil Mack. 

We gladly accept and good luck making the playoffs this season. You're welcome. 

Would you like my mom (who’s a great cook and all around lovely lady) and the rights to my firstborn thrown in too?

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Would you like my mom (who’s a great cook and all around lovely lady) and the rights to my firstborn thrown in too?

No just a condotion that all Brown playoff games will be blacked out in Ohio and streams heavily monitored for the next 5 seasons. Just one of those weird side deals B|

Archived