Does Denzel Ward not exist?

Franchise QB 

Franchise CB 

starting lineman whether it’s at OG or Center

eventual starting RB

starting 3 WR

sub package starting linebacker 

lol it should stop at Franchise QB and that alone is enough 

Ward up!  Yeah if Mayfield is a franchise qb we’re golden. But if these other guys turn out the way I see them projecting this could be the greatest draft in Browns history. 

Self?  Don’t get hooked. Yeah your momma wears combat boots. 

43 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Sounds like we're still working on Mack trade. 

Im nervous about who the player we trade will be. It'll be a starter if they make a deal.

Heard Ogbah and Collins but I don't see Collins having much value. I'm an Ogbah fan but it makes sense that he would be a part of the deal. I never want to trade high picks for the right to sign a player to a huge free agent deal but I guess that is just personal preference. Works if your own draft picks don't work out I guess.

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Heard Ogbah and Collins but I don't see Collins having much value. I'm an Ogbah fan but it makes sense that he would be a part of the deal. I never want to trade high picks for the right to sign a player to a huge free agent deal but I guess that is just personal preference. Works if your own draft picks don't work out I guess.

They told Dorsey they don't want Collins 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Does Denzel Ward not exist?

Franchise QB 

Franchise CB 

starting lineman whether it’s at OG or Center

eventual starting RB

starting 3 WR

sub package starting linebacker 

lol it should stop at Franchise QB and that alone is enough 

I think Collins isn't here next year and Avery takes over as THE Sam, with pro bowl potential with his pass rushing prowess. Ratley I'm not as high on. I'd be impressed if he bacame our starting third WR down the line. Corbett will be a good starting Olineman. Chubb will take over the starting RB spot sooner than later. Callaway, if he keeps outta trouble, could be a great complimentary WR to Flash and Juice. I am in the minority, but I see a high ceiling for Chad Thomas as an interior Dlineman.

Ward is a franchise CB and Baker is our franchise QB. Right there makes a great draft, but then add on the guys I mentioned before... The real feather in the cap will be if Desmond Harrison does pan out as our franchise LT as an UDFA. WOW!

Because I think he is. I've watched every snap of his 3-4 times. He's for real, guys. A few bad plays, but he looks so athletic, and natural, like he was born to be a LT. Guys come along with the size and feet, but no technique and bad with hands. He has size, feet, good hands, and raw, but blossoming technique. He is why we CAN trade our 1st for Mack.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

How was the league so dumb to let Desmond become a UDFA

we should've picked him as it is

but to go UDFA thats crazy

I get it. He's a 24, almost 25 year old rookie with little to no film against big time competition, and a history of trouble. He's the Josh Gordon of offensive tackles. Hopefully his career has less bumps in the road.

47 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I get it. He's a 24, almost 25 year old rookie with little to no film against big time competition, and a history of trouble. He's the Josh Gordon of offensive tackles. Hopefully his career has less bumps in the road.

And he ain't in football shape. 

On 2018-08-30 at 12:11 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

They’ve asked for “at least two 1s”.

Usually that means you can strike a deal for something a bit less than that, but if we can find ground and sign him to a long term deal, we really need to make a move.

Our drafting is basically a shot in the dark at best, anyway.

If we use some of those picks to get the DPOY, I’m absolutely cool with that.

Myles Garrett and Khalil Mack?

That’s the fastest route to the playoffs and more that we have available.

I saw on nfl.com that the browns were interested, and thought the above. Mack would really get the D to be one of the more disruptive fronts.  I would expect the Browns have the cap space but do they?  

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I saw on nfl.com that the browns were interested, and thought the above. Mack would really get the D to be one of the more disruptive fronts.  I would expect the Browns have the cap space but do they?  

Yes, we have the space. Don't let these clowns in here fool ya. That's the whole reason we have moneyball and his crew of nerds, to think outside the football norms, strategize any little advantage, and make moves like this work economically. We have tons of cap space and a think-tank of Harvard alum figuring out the best way to exploit and utilize it.

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

He's actually in good shape. He just needs to add some mass. Easy fix. He already looks like he's back in the 290's. By next season, he'll be comfortably over 300.

On paper it’s an easy fix. Dude has trouble with his weight while at Texas. Being at Texas, if they need you to put in mass, they will get you the food and protein needed. I think he just has a really hard time keeping that weight up. 

3 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Yeah he had plenty of legit issues that were the reason he went UDFA. 

Archived