Jordan Mailata is good?

ninjapirate

54 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Would be great if we end up using him as the 6th blocker only to eventually throw him a pass. 3rd and short at midfield, go PA, throw him the ball, and watch him get some YAC

Oh if he's actually active on game days, there will be some sort of Goal Line package for him at some point , no doubt. Wouldn't surprise me in the least as both a Runner (Frig type only not Fat) and receiver. One more piece to the endless amounts of goal line formations.

Alshon/Agholor/Ertz/Goedert/Ajayi/Clement/Sproles/Mailata

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Oh if he's actually active on game days, there will be some sort of Goal Line package for him at some point , no doubt. Wouldn't surprise me in the least as both a Runner (Frig type only not Fat) and receiver. One more piece to the endless amounts of goal line formations.

Alshon/Agholor/Ertz/Goedert/Ajayi/Clement/Sproles/Mailata

Give him one of those Travis Kelce shovel passes too

28 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I was imagining him lining up as the FB while watching the preseason game last night. Think about this 6'8" 350lb former Rubgy player lead blocking for the 6' 220lb Ajayi? O.oO.o

He's gotta get one TD this year right?

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Couldn’t it have also been Douglas?

Bro, don't you know that Joe Douglas is just a cloned Howie Roseman in a Joe Douglas Suit?

It is pretty obvious at this point that the reason that we won the Super Bowl is the Double Howie effect

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t see how he´s activated all year. Given that Big V can play both tackle spots and we have versatility on the interior as well.

Seumalo can play all 5 spots. So they could activate Jordan if they want to use him.

Jordan is going to be active all year barring injury IMO. I think, and Im not exactly alone here, that he will surpass Big V as the backup tackle some time mid season. Honestly, I still dont trust Vatai. Defenses have been able to expose him too often for my liking. And I know Seamoulo "can" play all 5 positions, that doesnt mean that he by any means SHOULD just go in at any position if we needed a tackle, specifically. Its not good for lineman to switch just to the other side at their position. Exactly why we haven't, and frankly arent ever going to, moved Lane over to LT at all. I say keep Seamaulo at guard/center. With Big V and now Jordan, theres 0 need to have him play tackle in emergency situations.

But man....the kids real. The way he has been able to come in with zero experience in football and just learn and improve every day hes out there practicing is maybe the most remarkable thing Ive seen in my time as a football fan as far as player improvement goes. Not gonna lie, when we took him I doubted that he would even end up on the PS. I figured hed look lost all TC/Preseason and wed cut ties. So glad I was wrong.

Also another reason that I love how we practice with our ones going up against each other full effort/strength in practice every week (we did it through week 10 I believe in 2017). I think it is going to help Mailata a freaking ton.

Like, the worst DE he is going to have to go up against is Josh Sweat ? ....He is going to get so damn much opportunity to get better by having to block B-Rex, Chris Long, Bennett, Barnett, Sweat....

That and the fact that he has one of the best OL coaches in the league developing him. Oh and he gets to be mentored by a first ballot HOF LT in Peters, who has continued to prove why hes basically just an incredible person/teammate by taking Mailata under his wing and help to teach/mentor him since he stepped into the locker room. 

Replacing Peters next year was kinda one of our more worrisome tasks on our list of things we need to do. I'm almost certain now that we dont have that problem now. Mailata, future 2019 All Pro LT,  is the answer

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Seumalo might actually be better at tackle then he is at c/b though @BAConrad. Not like this is a high bar cause he's not good anywhere. 

Weve never seen him play tackle though IIRC. So maybe. But I dont think so.

Hes best off at center (backup obviously). 

Hes gonna stay at backup center probably anyway all season long. And thatll mean he'll practice at that spot all the time, both because we dont have a single other person who can play center on the roster and it is difficult to go from center to G/T or vice versa. Harder than most switches. Obviously i hope we dont have to see him play a meaningful snap at center though, but nonetheless is paramount that we have someone who can come in (if Kelce cant play) and actually be able to not be just total crap and start missing cadences or botching snaps. 

7 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Weve never seen him play tackle though IIRC. So maybe. But I dont think so.

Hes best off at center (backup obviously). 

Hes gonna stay at backup center probably anyway all season long. And thatll mean he'll practice at that spot all the time, both because we dont have a single other person who can play center on the roster and it is difficult to go from center to G/T or vice versa. Harder than most switches. Obviously i hope we dont have to see him play a meaningful snap at center though, but nonetheless is paramount that we have someone who can come in (if Kelce cant play) and actually be able to not be just total crap and start missing cadences or botching snaps. 

I think Seumalo played tackle for a bit in 2016 when Lane was suspended and Vaitai went down with an injury.

Expecting Mailata to be our backup mid-season is way too optimistic. Like unreal. He would get absolutely destroyed against capable competition, he needs to develop counter moves and gain a ton of experience against DE that use their hands.

I don´t trust Vaitai either but not because of that I´d trust a 7th round inexperienced rookie as our backup LT.

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think Seumalo played tackle for a bit in 2016 when Lane was suspended and Vaitai went down with an injury.

Expecting Mailata to be our backup mid-season is way too optimistic. Like unreal. He would get absolutely destroyed against capable competition, he needs to develop counter moves and gain a ton of experience against DE that use their hands.

I don´t trust Vaitai either but not because of that I´d trust a 7th round inexperienced rookie as our backup LT.

Inexperienced is a real generous word lol. For people to expect him to be a capable backup just 6 months after he learned how to put on pads is a bit much. I have high hopes for him in a year or 2 though.

38 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Inexperienced is a real generous word lol. For people to expect him to be a capable backup just 6 months after he learned how to put on pads is a bit much. I have high hopes for him in a year or 2 though.

the guy played in real fake games and looked good 

Archived