I'll go on record....

muncher

Pretty sure most Steeler fans would agree with you about what we SHOULD do.

However, what we SHOULD do isnt always what happens.

I still expect us to put Dobbs on the PS....and Dobbs to likely get grabbed by another team.

Tomlin and Colbert love hanging on to mediocre vets for some reason.

They should keep dobbs and put jones on the PS or trade Jones.  Maybe they keep 4 Qb's, but I doubt it.  Dobbs could start,  if there are any teams left that need a starter which I don't know of any. If Dobbs was to progress more in another year as he did this year, then it would be a really bad move to let him go to another team. Jones has already reached his ceiling, while Dobbs has already proven to get better as well as having mobility it's the easiest decision to keep him IMO.

The idea of drafting Dobbs was probably a result of Ben possibly retiring soon. With the  Rodgers deal, I doubt Ben and other QB's will retire until they have to and are forced out. They could stay 2 more years and have another $60M, think of that with the new rules of never getting hit that much either :$  Maybe old QB's will have trade value in the near future when in the past the league eventually forced them out.

The only good I see int his is that Dobbs could get a chance to start and it's fair to him to get to play instead of standing on the sidelines. If he goes to a hopeless team or a team that eventually eliminates us from the playoffs though :o

still not sure if Dobbs ever becomes a starting NFL QB, but I see a guy(if he keeps on improving) who can be a reliable back-up QB for years. He won't doom your season if he starts 3-5 games. He could be our next Charlie Batch and Batch didn't have some of skills dobbs has. Dobbs being a genius is a Bonus too lol a more experience Dobbs would be great in the film room imo

20 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

They should keep dobbs and put jones on the PS or trade Jones.  Maybe they keep 4 Qb's, but I doubt it.  Dobbs could start,  if there are any teams left that need a starter which I don't know of any. If Dobbs was to progress more in another year as he did this year, then it would be a really bad move to let him go to another team. Jones has already reached his ceiling, while Dobbs has already proven to get better as well as having mobility it's the easiest decision to keep him IMO.

The idea of drafting Dobbs was probably a result of Ben possibly retiring soon. With the  Rodgers deal, I doubt Ben and other QB's will retire until they have to and are forced out. They could stay 2 more years and have another $60M, think of that with the new rules of never getting hit that much either :$  Maybe old QB's will have trade value in the near future when in the past the league eventually forced them out.

The only good I see int his is that Dobbs could get a chance to start and it's fair to him to get to play instead of standing on the sidelines. If he goes to a hopeless team or a team that eventually eliminates us from the playoffs though :o

Jones has no PS availability. 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Jones has no PS availability. 

does he have any trade value? Everyone here and on sites that I have read agree that Dobbs should replace Jones.  It's that obvious that Jones time is up but I have a feeling this FO will keep jones and let Dobbs go:/

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

does he have any trade value? Everyone here and on sites that I have read agree that Dobbs should replace Jones.  It's that obvious that Jones time is up but I have a feeling this FO will keep jones and let Dobbs go:/

I'm sure he has some kind of value. Whether that is more than the FO values him remains to be seen. I'd personally keep Jones over Dobbs. If Rudolph would have looked a tiny bit better I'd feel differently. Dobbs isn't ready, nor is Mason. Give me Jones over both if Ben goes down early. I understand the argument that we'll be terrible without Ben either way but I trust Jones to win a few games. Dobbs is flash but people forget how awful he looked prior to a game against guys who aren't NFL caliber. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I really don't get all the love for a backup QB. Mason is the future and Dobbs is at best a backup. Trade him. Cut him. Keep him. Who cares?

only care if they need to play because of injuries. Just because Ben escaped IR all those years we had a bad OL doesn't mean he won't get hurt.  

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I really don't get all the love for a backup QB. Mason is the future and Dobbs is at best a backup. Trade him. Cut him. Keep him. Who cares?

how do you know dobbs is a back up at best and rudolph is the future?

from what weve seen this year, dobbs has potetisl and rudolph should be cut or PS

Archived