Jaguars Final Cuts Thread: News and Projections

JaguarCrazy2832

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We're not actually keeping Lee though right?

Sounds like he played well enough in this last preseason game to deserve a practice squad spot.

I don’t think they do, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they went overly reactionary and kept him on the 53 after losing Brandon Allen last season. But it’s unlikely.

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

not a huge shock but wilds was cut. 

Kinda a slight shock that Lazard was waived but i guess he wasnt good enough on special teams to make it over a guy like wynn or Greene. 

Didn't really seem like either guy stood out enough to wedge their way onto the starting NFL roster to me.  Lazard had a ton of hype, but on the field he still just seems like a kinda awkward "tweener" WR/TE who isn't really either.  Some teams might be better poised to make use of that, but hard to really build much around a fringe depth player like that anyway.  Certainly unless they make themselves a clear core STer to solidify a spot outside of that.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone worried about Linder since we kept so many OL?

no. i have faith that shatley can hold the spot down for a period of time.  i kinda hope linder comes plays soon or we extend shatley cuz i have a feeling hed get paid like 3 million or more on the open market as the top Backup C/G at worst. 

58 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

no. i have faith that shatley can hold the spot down for a period of time.  i kinda hope linder comes plays soon or we extend shatley cuz i have a feeling hed get paid like 3 million or more on the open market as the top Backup C/G at worst. 

Yea the OL market has been terrible lately. Gotta try and keep your guys for cheap in house

Archived