The Cuts are coming - Dallas and around the league.

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Im saying your comment was silly. Just because a former made 1 play against us that doesnt lessen the fact that it was the correct/smart move. It didnt come back to kick us in the arse. We upgraded from it. 

Well you let us know when we upgrade from this one too. Bailey was a God send undrafted kicker we picked up. We didn't just "upgrade from it" we got lucky a hell.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well you let us know when we upgrade from this one too. Bailey was a God send undrafted kicker we picked up. We didn't just "upgrade from it" we got lucky a hell.

Do the coaches/front office get any credit for that luck? For finding the guy and developing him? 

Or was it like when you buy a scratch off and win a million dollars? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Do the coaches/front office get any credit for that luck? For finding the guy and developing him? 

Or was it like when you buy a scratch off and win a million dollars? 

You wanna give JG and Jerruh credit for all his success? You go right ahead. But be sure to include all the bad with the good if you do though.

Some players play great in spite of the staff and FO. Bailey did just that. Granted it's easier for place kickers and punters too. But still. I'd rather give Bailey more credit for his own success.

You could probably argue Zeke with that point of view. But not Bailey.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You wanna give JG and Jerruh credit for all his success? You go right ahead. But be sure to include all the bad with the good if you do though.

Some players play great in spite of the staff and FO. Bailey did just that. Granted it's easier for place kickers and punters too. But still. I'd rather give Bailey more credit for his own success.

You could probably argue Zeke with that point of view. But not Bailey.

Did you know that Jason Garrett has developed more All pro players the last 5 years than any other coach in the NFL? (it might have been top 5, but I think its #1)

And Jerry is barely even a contributor in our front office. Why would I give him credit? 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The last player busted with weed was the Browns WR. No suspension announced. The one before that was a 1 game suspension. If our team cant survive 1 game without our 4th TE we deserve to lose. 

@Rtnldave

I don't care what happened on a team that hasn't won a game last year.

After all Gregory went thru just to Get back on the field, this guy is an absolute idiot!

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I don't care what happened on a team that hasn't won a game last year.

After all Gregory went thru just to Get back on the field, this guy is an absolute idiot!

What in the poop does it have to do with the team? It has to do with the leagues policies. 

Garret developing all pros is misleading because of how long he has been coaching but it also means he’s had more all pros on his team then other coaches and not winning with them.   I really think they dropped Bailey because of his struggles last season and They see the new guy as a healthier option who has a stronger leg. He did hit a 56 yarder with room to spare last game.  And hasn’t missed in any of the games I think.   I just hope he is reliable but in things like kicking I trust of coaches for the most part they have done a great job suppling us with top kickers  

I also imagine no way is this the roster we see at 1   I see us adding 1 to 2 players yet.  I still would lay odds 50/50 Rico is not on the 53 day 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you know that Jason Garrett has developed more All pro players the last 5 years than any other coach in the NFL? (it might have been top 5, but I think its #1)

And Jerry is barely even a contributor in our front office. Why would I give him credit? 

And yet he makes no use of them. 10 years into his tenure and we are not even sure if we are going 4-12 this season or 12-4 because everything seems so up in the air. Now are we sure he developed these players?? Even Andy Reid who is known for his probowlers and coming up short in the big games has at least made it to the big games he is known as a player developer.

I credit him with knowing good position coaches, but fact is Redball just doesn't really know how to coach gamedays and really I question his ability to groom players. He has an idea to be successful. But he's no Jimmy Johnson or Norv Turner when it comes to implementing their philosophies. I look no further then the lack of Dak's development thus in his career. Him regressing his 2nd year when JG is actually known to be a QB coach really shows is lack of development skills.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

What in the poop does it have to do with the team? It has to do with the leagues policies. 

Really??? The league policy is No Pot! It is illegal in the NFL.

Randy Gregory just served an entire years suspension for violating that policy.

Gathers is trying to win a starting or back up role on the team.

Its his 3rd year trying.

Gregory flashed some serious potential as did Gathers.

Now we are counting on 2 guys to stay clean just for this team to have a competitive chance.

One toke for Gregory it's he's gone for good.

Gathers will surely get a suspension. And after watching what Gregory just went thru, not to mention Irving and his big mouth, I have to seriously question Gathers intelligence and commitment to this team.

Jimmy Johnson once said: "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I draft or sign a dumb guy."

It appears we have several.

@Rtnldave

Again, WTF are you talking about. The Browns WR that got busted by the police with pot was Callaway. He got no suspension. The last guy before that that arrested for weed got a 1 game suspension.

Being caught by the police =/= failing a drug test with the league.

Am I not explaining this in an easy to understand way?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

@Rtnldave

Again, WTF are you talking about. The Browns WR that got busted by the police with pot was Callaway. He got no suspension. The last guy before that that arrested for weed got a 1 game suspension.

Being caught by the police =/= failing a drug test with the league.

Am I not explaining this in an easy to understand way?

Okay, I get your point. Now get my point. We aren't the Cleveland Browns. We are a high profile team who's owner is on the commissioners ish list.

Ray Rice knocks a women out on camera and gets a two game suspension.

The Bengals drafted a guy who fractured a woman's face on camera. Gets accepted right into the league.

Elliott was only ACCUSED of DV and the accusers story had more holes than Swiss cheese.

He Got six games.

There is no consistency with this league other than Goodell hates the Cowboys.

We shall see. I hope you are right.

7 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Okay, I get your point. Now get my point. We aren't the Cleveland Browns. We are a high profile team who's owner is on the commissioners ish list.

Ray Rice knocks a women out on camera and gets a two game suspension.

The Bengals drafted a guy who fractured a woman's face on camera. Gets accepted right into the league.

Elliott was only ACCUSED of DV and the accusers story had more holes than Swiss cheese.

He Got six games.

There is no consistency with this league other than Goodell hates the Cowboys.

We shall see. I hope you are right.

I think the other dude was a steeler. I am just too lazy to look it up. 

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think the other dude was a steeler. I am just too lazy to look it up. 

Still that is why I think Rico serves 4 games or so and is not on our final 53.     Yes I think we add and Rico is 1st 2nd to go.     My main complaint of JG as head coach is he made a lot of mistakes in the first few years on game day.  Time management was a mess at end of some games. And I didn’t like play calling at times in our last two playoff runs.   But he is an excellent players coach and regularly gets the guys ready to play.  

Archived