Week 1: 49ers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Who will score the first points for the Vikings this season?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the first points for the Vikings this season?

• Latavius Murray
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Daniel Carlson
    • Adam Thielen
    • Eric Kendricks
    • Laquon Treadwell
    • Harrison Smith
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Other (Post name in thread)

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Are you sure Jones is the LG over Compton?

I'd prefer Jones at Center for the experience but if Jones is going to be the LG this season, it might be better to not have to change multiple spots when Elflein returns. At least some continuity can be established.

Can’t help but think the pairing of Jones at LG and Isidora at C during the first half of the Titans game was a trial run. 

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Can’t help but think the pairing of Jones at LG and Isidora at C during the first half of the Titans game was a trial run. 

Common sense would suggest you'd flip them since Isidora has never played the position. It's somewhat baffling to me that they would go that route after one half of football. Guess we will find out soon enough.

35 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Common sense would suggest you'd flip them since Isidora has never played the position. It's somewhat baffling to me that they would go that route after one half of football. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Part of it could be Cousins adjusted to his snaps well in practice. 

One this I noticed was how well he was getting into his blocks after the snap. 

It also allows Jones and Reiff to become more comfortable playing together and less switching up of the line. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Nothing stopping the team from making a change during the game if necessary.

Personally, I agree with the thought of making the fewest possible changes to the line in-season. Rather than shuffling Jones back and forth between G and C, keep him at G to develop cohesion with Reiff. In emergency, can move Jones to C.

According to Vegas Insider, the Vikings will open the season as six-point favorites over the 49ers on Sunday afternoon with the over/under for total points scored set at 46. San Francisco holds a 23-22-1 advantage over Minnesota in the history between these two teams, but the Vikings have won five of the last seven meetings. The 49ers won the last game between the two squads by a score of 20-3 on Sept. 14, 2015.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Danny-Isidora-set-to-start-at-center-vs-49ers-121443918/

Archived