Rams extend Aaron Donald 6 years 135 mil 87 mil grt

49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does this mean anything to the Mack situation? Cant imagine it helps the Raiders 

Honestly, depends. I don't feel like there's a whole lot of knowledge on the Mack situation. If the Raiders were simply waiting for the Donald deal to get done to establish a baseline rather than just give in to a players demands several million above the highest played defensive player currently, and were never really that averse to paying him said cash, then absolutely it helps. 

If they were balking at the prospect of paying him this kind of money from the start, then yeah, this doesn't help and they may as well start entertaining trade offers seriously unless they basically throw down the leverage gauntlet and say "hey, we have you locked up under the option and tag for at least 3 years, and we will do that if we have to if you're unwilling to acquiesce to what we are willing to do"

46 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

That the Rams were going to get it done before the season started. Ive been telling yall that when the Rams were trading for Cooks, Talib, Peters then signed Suh and gave Cooks and Gurley their deals. Snead kept saying they had Donald money already in the bank it was just a matter of time.

Cool, its almost as though the Rams think highly of Donald.  Did anyone think a deal wasnt going to get done?  The Rams and Donald have been talking the whole offseason.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Cool, its almost as though the Rams think highly of Donald.  Did anyone think a deal wasnt going to get done?  The Rams and Donald have been talking the whole offseason.

It sounded like people was acting like the Rams didnt know what they were doing. Like the world doesnt stop because Donald wasnt paid yet. The Rams still had to make moves and they did so but they didnt forget about Donald. They had his money put up to the side as they were making these moves. Thats all I was saying. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

It sounded like people was acting like the Rams didnt know what they were doing. Like the world doesnt stop because Donald wasnt paid yet. The Rams still had to make moves and they did so but they didnt forget about Donald. They had his money put up to the side as they were making these moves. Thats all I was saying. 

Gotcha, but its not like the Rams/Donald situation was ever like the Raiders/Mack situation.  We have been hearing for weeks and weeks that a deal was imminent, but were just waiting for actual #s.  With Mack and the Raiders we basically havent heard anything.  I imagine this will either get the ball rolling towards a new deal for Mack, or get it rolling towards a trade.  

Are the Rams going to have an issue paying Goff, and Peters?  I imagine Suh and Talib will be gone after this season.

5 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Gotcha, but its not like the Rams/Donald situation was ever like the Raiders/Mack situation.  We have been hearing for weeks and weeks that a deal was imminent, but were just waiting for actual #s.  With Mack and the Raiders we basically havent heard anything.  I imagine this will either get the ball rolling towards a new deal for Mack, or get it rolling towards a trade.  

Are the Rams going to have an issue paying Goff, and Peters?  I imagine Suh and Talib will be gone after this season.

Talib is signed for one more year at $8 million. Suh most likely is gone. Mark Barron could be as well after we drafted some ILB this year. Roger Saffold will be a free agent and might be gone unless he signs a friendly deal, which he has indicated he would in interviews. LaMarcus Joyner is very likely gone, we have a couple young guys who’ve looked very good and been praised by Wade. Next year isn’t a cap issue nor is the following year. When we get to year 5 for Jared in 3 years we will see where we stand. McVay and Snead need to keep drafting like the last couple of years though to make it happen.

19 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Plus everyone was under! OH MY GAWD THEY EXTENDED GURLEY BEFORE DONALD.

OH MAHHH GAWG HOW COULD YOU PAY COOKS BEFORE DONALD. 

HOW COULD THEY EXTEND ROB OVER DONALD! 

HOW COULD YOU PAY SUH BEFORE DONALD!

THE RAMS ARE REALLY GOING TO LET DONALD WALK! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH MAAAAAaaaa GAWD! 

Its contagious breh 

24 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Yeah Suh and Talib are going to be gone next season imo. Whitworth is 36 and Sullivan is 33 I have to assume they will be gone soon too. The Rams drafted alot of players on the oline so they are going to be developing this year with Kromer to replace Whitworth and Sullivan soon. I also think Brown could be gone too because he is the weakest of the Rams oline unless he steps it up. Plus the way the Rams structure their contracts, they wont be is terrible shape moving forward. The Rams wouldnt have traded for Peters if they knew they didnt have a plan to keep him long term and Goff is the future so I believe the Rams wont have a problem keeping them.

Archived