Roster cut news

Forge

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

When are cuts made now? I know the rule was changed in the off-season but I never paid attention to it... 

They have to be down to 53 no later than tomorrow. I think the majority of teams will try and get most of them done today with a few stragglers tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

They have to be down to 53 no later than tomorrow. I think the majority of teams will try and get most of them done today with a few stragglers tomorrow. 

Last year I think we were a half today, half tomorrow club. Read somewhere recently that we would likely go that route this year as well. Gives a chance for coaches to meet with guys and give them the news, let which guys they want to keep around on the practice squad know that, etc. 

I think today, you will see more of the easier cuts. Tomorrow will be the ones that might still have futures in some form (practice squad, "we'll call you during the season if you're available" guys) with the team.

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Last year I think we were a half today, half tomorrow club. Read somewhere recently that we would likely go that route this year as well. Gives a chance for coaches to meet with guys and give them the news, let which guys they want to keep around on the practice squad know that, etc. 

I think today, you will see more of the easier cuts. Tomorrow will be the ones that might still have futures in some form (practice squad, "we'll call you during the season if you're available" guys) with the team.

I like this approach as well because it also gives you a little time to entertain or build potential trades. 

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I read somewhere that Shanahan said they will start cuts today for guys they know they want to cut so they don't have to wait a whole day to find out their fate. I would imagine guys they want to stash on the PS will be some of the last cuts made.

I agree. Try and hide/protect those practice squad guys a bit with the expected flurry of activity. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

Wondering when the news will start pouring in. 

Usually around lunch time pst. That's when the releases start to happen. They just had a game last night so they wouldn't ask the players to come in until 12-1 pm. 

Archived