Sign in to follow this  
Forge

Roster cut news

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought he would be put on IR but guess not. 

A trade up that most people didn't like to begin with, sucks we couldn't so much as get a regular season carry out of him. Let's let Lynch make the draft decisions now, Shanny, mmkay? lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

A trade up that most people didn't like to begin with, sucks we couldn't so much as get a regular season carry out of him. Let's let Lynch make the draft decisions now, Shanny, mmkay? lol

I know you’re probably being facisous, but I’m sure Shanny played a big role in taking guys like TT and Kittle.

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I know you’re probably being facisous, but I’m sure Shanny played a big role in taking guys like TT and Kittle.

Yes, I have no idea how they actually determine what they are doing, what contribution each has, etc, and I'm sure they all have contributions on every pick, but CJ and Williams were noted Shanny guys and guys we traded up for, so I'm just having a little fun given the Williams result and the unhappiness fans have shown with CJ this preseason. 

Before Jimmy G, CJ was the best we had. I was relieved when CJ started, because it could NOT get any WORSE!  The only reason one plays Hoyer is if you want to tank games, because you certainly won't win any. O.o

I think CJ will learn and get more comfortable. Shanny has to be seeing something in him that we can't.

Main problem with Joe Williams is the true willingness to be great misses with him. He has the talent and he was great last year in the preseason just had too many fumbles and apparently wasn't playing with a purpose in training. This year he was just truly outplayed by any RB we had on the team so no reason to keep him.

Aldrick actually saves us a bit of cash - 2+ million coming off the books thanks to cutting him. Pretty crazy. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I would have interest in him. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

IMHO we "overpaid" for Bibbs, and he's gone.. We "overpaid" for WIlliams and he could be gone. I believe we overpaid for Juszczyk. He's really good and I love that he's on the team. But given what the market is for FBs I still think we overpaid. I said when we signed McK that I thought we overpaid for him. It remains to be seen if that turns out to be the case.

I love how we've built this team and what it's become in so short of a time. SO it's hard to criticize our FO. I do think that they tend to "fall in love" with certain guys to the extent that they are willing to overpay for them. Maybe that make sense given the rebuilding job they have to do. It just seems to me that running a team like that over the long term though will not be getting the most out of our money or our drarft picks.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Noooooooooooooooooo!

56 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Nooooooooooo!