Other Teams' Roster Cuts

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

It's the order of the 1st round of the draft (assuming no trades happened), so Packers have the 14th spot was it? So if the Packers get a claimed player, it means no e of those 13 teams put in a claim for said player.

But being #1 CLE always get any claim they want. And they have the first pick until week 4.

right but like say CLE puts in waivers for hector and javier. NY has a waiver claim on both of them as well. does CLE get them both? or do they get the guy they had the higher waiver claim on and then the other guys falls to NY? 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

right but like say CLE puts in waivers for hector and javier. NY has a waiver claim on both of them as well. does CLE get them both? or do they get the guy they had the higher waiver claim on and then the other guys falls to NY? 

They're #1 for any player through week 4.

It's a wicked system, logic would say your option is fairer.

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Yes in that case, CLE would gets them both.

#1 (CLE) can claim anyone and get them, because they're #1

#2 Can get any waiver claim that #1 doesn't claim

#3 Can get any waiver claim that #1 or #2 doesn't claim.

ETC

But my understanding is every individual claim has to go in order. They're treated as individuals, not groups.

Now if some team claims 2 ... and then later see 3 more they want, and claim those 3 more. I think they could then cancel the one of both of the first ones. But I've never actually read any story explaining how the NFL goes through this process of what happens when a team claims a guys, then they see another claim they like better. But yes, it's always in order, #2 NY does not get any claim unless the #1 CLE has chosen not to claim said player.

12 hours ago, Norm said:

That's the best. I watch the CFL and my favorite thing is remembering guys like that. Not just Packers.. From whatever team. 

I used to win drinks (and lose) by knowing where guys went to college. For some stupid reason my mind always worked that way. I still remember the night this guy was like blown away and he was doing guys who weren't in the pros anymore and I hit almost all of them. And he goes JJ Stokes. If you know where JJ Stokes went I'll pay your tab, if not you pay mine. And I could picture him in that bruins jersey on rookie cards we had lol. Good times. Drank free that night. 

Where is this? Cuz I'd drink for free every damn night lol. If dude said JJ Stokes to me, he'd probably be baffled at how fast I said UCLA. Not even trivia to me!

But seriously, my friends and I do that stuff. We'll be sitting around drinking and we'll start rattling off player names asking what college they went to. Its not that I remember it because I want to, I just do lol.

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who'd the Bills give up for him? I cant remember.

13 minutes ago, green machine said:

7th rounder

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh okay. Thanks for the info. I guess not a terrible decision to trade for the guy then.

You forgot the $5.5 in dead money over the next 2 years.... his contract was fully guaranteed

Archived