Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos - Week 1

showtime

wcWPA4C.jpg

Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos.  Sunday, September 9th at Broncos Stadium.

The Denver Broncos go into the season kind of like the Seattle Seahawks -- really solid team, but it is kind of an unknown how much of a factor either team will be in terms of contending for a playoff spot.  A couple things I'm watching out for is how well the Seahawks offensive line protects against the Broncos pass rush.  Obviously, Von Miller is frightening, so hopefully the Seahawks stick to the running game and have passing plays installed that are designed to get the football out quick.  Also, I'm not really sold on the Seahawks defense at either rushing the passer consistently or the secondary play.  This will be Case Keenum's first game as a starter for the Broncos, so this is probably more of an ideal situation for him.  Really hoping we see Frank Clark, Dion Jordan and the rest of the guys collapse the pocket more consistently than they did in the pre-season.

Also, Doug Baldwin's knee is still not 100%, but he will still be able to play.   Denver has tough corners in Chris Harris Jr. and Bradley Roby, so hopefully other guys will continue to step up if Baldwin has a slow day.  I'm really impressed by the receiving depth the Seahawks have, so I'm looking forward to seeing Wilson connect with those guys.

@One Punch Man @animaltested @Zman724 @RandomCampBody @Meeker @imani @Tatupu_64 @Seachickens @NFL_Announcer @Sacks98 @ThirtyOne-EightyNine @evilpimp972

No one on the D-line is doing a thing. Wagner has been invisible. Guys out of position. Defense is so hard to watch. With no D-line creating pressure our soft cover three will get eaten alive and has been the past couple years. Norton needs to start sending some pressure. 

Also, Mark Schlereth is a homer. Get on the Broncos radio call you prick.

12 minutes ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

No one on the D-line is doing a thing. Wagner has been invisible. Guys out of position. Defense is so hard to watch. With no D-line creating pressure our soft cover three will get eaten alive and has been the past couple years. Norton needs to start sending some pressure. 

Also, Mark Schlereth is a homer. Get on the Broncos radio call you prick.

Yup.  This is exactly what happened during the preseason.  There is nobody on the defensive line that can consistently create pressure.  The secondary is really young.  Wagner made a huge tackle on 2nd down to help hold the Broncos to a FG, but it's going to be tough for him this season because his front is not very good.

Agreed, the Seahawks need to start blitzing.  There one thing this defense has is athletes, so those guys need to get after the QB.

In addition, of course Schlereth is a homer.  He's a former Bronco, which is why he's in the booth at all.  I don't mind him, though.

Archived