Path to 53 - Tracking All Redskins Cuts

Slappy Mc

13 hours ago, mike23md said:

Dont feel like going back through this, but we signed Caleb Brantley 2 days ago and let Anthony Lanier go. 

As mentioned previously, the Redskins signed Brantley because they put Lanier on IR (he had to be submitted to the waiver process since he didn't have enough eligibility).

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I dunno, Holtz will be 36 in 2029 when Gruden decides to hang it up after 2 SB wins and a borderline HOF resume. I’m not sure how much good he’ll be to us then, when the next coach comes aboard...

Plus I just have a hard time imagining the Redskins having the foresight to plan for 11 years down the road. I have to give you credit though — I try my best to stay positive about the team’s vision and decision makers and long term plan, but your optimism puts even mine to shame, my friend ?

TMgYrgE.gif

FEoeKKa.gif

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I found it an interesting coincidence (or perhaps not a coincidence at all?) that PFF’s two sleeper LB’s in the 2015 draft were none other than Zack Vigil and Josh Keyes. See Article.

I have never (literally, never) thought of the Redskins as any sort of analytics based operation — but this intrigued me. Interesting that they would have pursued and acquired two guys whose college resumes bore markers of efficiency and positive projection indicators. Will be keeping an eye on this with future acquisitions.

I will admit I have less-than-positive view of PFF, but I'm willing to listen. Are there other sleepers (doesn't need to be LB) they identified between 2012-2015 that amounted to anything? Honestly asking because I would be curious to know what they're hit rate would be. I know sleeper picks are always tough because they tend to slide down the boards and get buried but did anyone they tag break through?

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I will admit I have less-than-positive view of PFF, but I'm willing to listen. Are there other sleepers (doesn't need to be LB) they identified between 2012-2015 that amounted to anything? Honestly asking because I would be curious to know what they're hit rate would be. I know sleeper picks are always tough because they tend to slide down the boards and get buried but did anyone they tag break through?

Will Compton...Oh, wait...

13 hours ago, e16bball said:

I found it an interesting coincidence (or perhaps not a coincidence at all?) that PFF’s two sleeper LB’s in the 2015 draft were none other than Zack Vigil and Josh Keyes. See Article.

I have never (literally, never) thought of the Redskins as any sort of analytics based operation — but this intrigued me. Interesting that they would have pursued and acquired two guys whose college resumes bore markers of efficiency and positive projection indicators. Will be keeping an eye on this with future acquisitions.

PFF? It’s on Bruce’s reading list right next to 

51wwcF8SBVL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

14 hours ago, Woz said:

For me at least, it’s not so much that I think these guys are likely to actually be good players because the guys from PFF liked how they came out in their metrics — I just think it’s pretty interesting that the Redskins’ evaluation seems to have agreed with them. 

Particularly so because I just came across this article that rates none other than Caleb Brantley as one of their top 10 “players they want to see more of in 2018.” Another recent acquisition, another guy PFF is particularly high on. It’s starting to feel a little less like a coincidence, but I’m still not entirely sure what it means. 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me at least, it’s not so much that I think these guys are likely to actually be good players because the guys from PFF liked how they came out in their metrics — I just think it’s pretty interesting that the Redskins’ evaluation seems to have agreed with them. 

Particularly so because I just came across this article that rates none other than Caleb Brantley as one of their top 10 “players they want to see more of in 2018.” Another recent acquisition, another guy PFF is particularly high on. It’s starting to feel a little less like a coincidence, but I’m still not entirely sure what it means. 

Positive spin: they're using analytics to evaluate players to acquire and the analytics just happen to align with what PFF mentions.

Negative spin: they're using PFF to evaluate players to acquire.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Positive spin: they're using analytics to evaluate players to acquire and the analytics just happen to align with what PFF mentions.

Negative spin: they're using PFF to evaluate players to acquire.

My exact two trains of thought. How sad is it that my gut is actually telling me that I think it's probably more likely to be the latter...

Archived