Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

6 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I hope Gute doesn't wait until 4 hours after the deadline to make his announcements.  

It's the Packers! So they won't be announced until after the deadline, which is why we're going to have to watch beat writers and twitter comments.

You would think they would start by telling the guys who they have no interest in retaining to the practice squad they are gone. I'm sure they are trying to make some trades to gain depth here where they feel they have NFL talent in excess. WR could be a position we move to get an offensive lineman. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

You would think they would start by telling the guys who they have no interest in retaining to the practice squad they are gone. I'm sure they are trying to make some trades to gain depth here where they feel they have NFL talent in excess. WR could be a position we move to get an offensive lineman. 

I think a #3 or #4 edge is more important at the moment.

I'd even put safety ahead of OL.  

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well this is fun...

Yeah... we should of realized that the Packers don't announce their released until 4 hours after the deadline :P

And don't do the released until the day of, so we'll have to be watching twitter reports and beat writers stuff.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Donny Barclay was cut loose by the Saints. :)

3 hours ago, Beast said:

It's the Packers! So they won't be announced until after the deadline, which is why we're going to have to watch beat writers and twitter comments.

The Packers' officials don't know who was cut until they read it from the beat writers and twitter comments.  That's why they can't announce it until after the deadline.

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah... we should of realized that the Packers don't announce their released until 4 hours after the deadline :P

And don't do the released until the day of, so we'll have to be watching twitter reports and beat writers stuff.

Well sure. But usually we hear something about a few bums. No they don't announce anything themselves until after. I have to believe there's guys that know by now. So much for Gute being transparent!!! 

Archived