Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

42 minutes ago, davekenya said:

RB Devante Mays, T Kyle Murphy and CB Quinten Rollins have been put on injured reserve. I read elsewhere that Rollins was going to get an injury settlement

I think it's been reported all three are getting injury settlement and gonna be released.

41 minutes ago, craig said:
  7. Oddly, referred to having two OLB on PS.  (Donnerson is the only one of the lists we've seen, unless he's calling Looney an OLB....)
  10. Asked about IR.  Answer was vague, said everybody would be able to play "this season", but "we're working through a couple of things right now".  

Reading between the lines, I suspect that an IR for Kumerow, with an activation for Ripkowski, would explain all of his evasive "fluid" and "evolving" and "we're working through" comments? 

Yeah those were the two really odd moments... like what's he talking about? / he's clearly has something up his sleeve that he's not saying. 

He basically said, he thinks the media has gotten hold of the PS and them having two OLBers to make six OLBers total. I thought Donnerson and Martini (as the two LB) but if specficially talking about OLB, Looney might (sorta, not really) make more sense... but only if Pettine uses Wilkerson/Lowry/Looney as an edge guy some of the time... and he thinks of the edge as OLB... but that seems like a stretch. Edit: Maybe they added another OLB that we don't know about. The easiest answer is that he simply meant we added two LB instead of OLB... but he said they now how six, which doesn't fit that.

The IR to return was a great question because it gave us the best answer... which he avoided and clearly had something on his mind. Seem like he had someone in mind to go to the IR. I guess it could be Kumerow, but it was said (after his injury) that he'd be be healthy for week 1. So it'd be interesting if it's Kumerow or someone else.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

My take is a little different. 

By my recall, his sack numbers in college were totally pedestrian.  His supposedly superior talent was not able to dominate even low-level college linemen.   Nor was he so effective that he had no reason to develop winning moves.  

So I'm doubtful that a guy who wasn't functionally athletic enough to win, nor smart and resourceful enough to develop moves that could win, is going to successfully do that against NFL guys. 

Well your take seems like it's putting wrong words in my mouth by taking what I said out of context, as I never talked about him sacks numbers, superior (football) talent, or him being effective... so I don't know why you're pushing those words to me... I simply said he was a great athlete and not a football player and had no technique, but he was more of an athlete than football player... so your take is actually closer to what I said than it is different.

My apology, I didn't mean to over-read your post or mis-attribute to you.  I've just seemed to see a lot of positivity about Donnerson based on his measurables (not necessarily from you, your post was very realistic about his lack of football-skill). 

I'm kinda nervous that he'll be to OLB what Hawkins is to CB or Evans to safety:  guys with great measurables, but with something missing in terms of instincts and resourcefulness and decision-making; which I'm not sure are easily coached into existence. 

He's an intriguing prospect, and I hope he turns into a super-Gilbert.  But won't be surprised if he's never more than a cool ST guy.

Of the 53 players on the roster to end last season, 27 weren’t on the Packers’ first roster of 2018. Over half the roster was turned over by new GM Brian Gutekunst.
Here’s the list of the 27 players no longer on the Packers’ roster, listed alphabetically:

LB Vince Biegel (cut)
LB Ahmad Brooks (not re-signed)
CB Donatello Brown (cut)
S Morgan Burnett (not re-signed)
TE Emanuel Byrd (cut)
QB Joe Callahan (cut)
WR Michael Clark (retired)
C Dillon Day (cut)
DL Quinton Dial (not re-signed)
G Jahri Evans (not re-signed)
S Marwin Evans (cut)
LS Brett Goode (not re-signed)
CB Josh Hawkins (cut)
QB Brett Hundley (traded)
WR Jeff Janis (not re-signed)
OT Ulrick John (cut)
FB Joe Kerridge (cut, practice squad)
RB Devante Mays (cut)
WR Jordy Nelson (cut)
OLB Chris Odom (cut)
OL Adam Pankey (cut, practice squad)
CB Lenzy Pipkins (traded)
CB Damarious Randall (traded)
FB Aaron Ripkowski (cut)
TE Richard Rodgers (not re-signed)
LB Joe Thomas (not re-signed)
P Justin Vogel (cut)

Two others, LB Jake Ryan (injured reserve) and RB Aaron Jones (suspended) are also missing from the Packers’ first 53-man roster but remain with the franchise. Gutekunst threw much of the bottom half of the roster to the scrap heap over the last eight months.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Of the 53 players on the roster to end last season, 27 weren’t on the Packers’ first roster of 2018. Over half the roster was turned over by new GM Brian Gutekunst.

Woof.   That list is brutal.

There are so. many. bad. players.

Archived