Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Saints.

This is surprising to me! He's a homegrown guy who grew up a Packer fan did he not? Matthews is probably gone next year so his best opportunity would have been Green Bay is would seem. 

Best of luck to the kid but not sure what his position is going to be in the NFL. He didn't have the pass rush skill set needed to be an effective EDGE player. Don't see him as a strong side linebacker in a 4-3 but that may be his best chance. 

9 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Gute cleaning house I love it. I'm sick of all these UDFA taking up roster spots. Shields and Tramon was a blessing and a curse in that regard.

McCray and Taylor are they a curse too? How about Gilbert, also a curse? And Brice is he a curse? 

Every team in the NFL has UDFA's on it's roster and they all have a few that are major contributors. Come on man! 

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is surprising to me! He's a homegrown guy who grew up a Packer fan did he not? Matthews is probably gone next year so his best opportunity would have been Green Bay is would seem. 

Best of luck to the kid but not sure what his position is going to be in the NFL. He didn't have the pass rush skill set needed to be an effective EDGE player. Don't see him as a strong side linebacker in a 4-3 but that may be his best chance. 

Comment #2 kinda takes care of comment #1 no? He didnt have the skill set for our preferred D. ILB? Maybe - but I doubt it. IMO he doesnt have the physique to be a banger. I'll tell ya - and I'm not being critical - I never really got a good look at the guy his rookie year - but this PS/TC? What impressed me most was his "every man - guy off the street" looking body. He wasnt a big fan of the weight room. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah I'd be really surprised if the Packers never invited him to join their PS and if they did he joined the Saints instead. Evidently Gute never saw him as a viable Edge at the pro level. He looked very small for a OLB. Another poster mentioned the Carl Bradford comparison which was right on, an high motor guy with college success that couldn't get it done at the pro level.

Archived